Chapter 10

Delani's POV
I walked off the bus and started to head into the school. I saw a few kids look at me with confused looks. I knew why... I was wearing a thin dark grey sweatshirt, long black leggings, white converse and a grey beanie. I also got a Vans galaxy backpack for the school year since my other one was pretty beat up. I continued walking and headed for my first period class. First day of school was only a few days ago and everyone has still been dressing up. I, on the other hand, have dressed in lazy clothes since the first day back. I felt myself get pushed forward but I brushed it off because I didn't want to start anything.

"Hey!" I heard someone yell.

I continued walking completely ignoring whoever it is behind me. I caught sight of Ryder who was a few strides ahead of me, where we planned to meet before our first class. I was pushed again, but inside of letting me fall forward like last time, they pulled me back towards them and spun me around to look at them. It was one of Maci's buddies.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed.
"Is that anyway to talk to me?" The girl asked.

I put my hand out in front of her.

"What are you doing?" she asked.
"You see my hand?" I asked.
"Are you dumb? I just asked yo-"
"Answer my question." I demanded glaring at her.
"Yes..." She answered, slightly annoyed.
"What is in it?" I asked.
"Nothing." she answered.
"Exactly." I said.
"So?" she asked.
"That's how many fucks I give about give you attitude." I said and proceeded to spin around and keep going to Ryder.

I got over to him and he wrapped his arm over my shoulder.

"What happened back there?" He questioned.
"Nothing you need to worry about." I sighed.

I laid my head on his shoulder and I felt him pull me closer to him. His head rested in an awkward angle above mine.

"How is that comfortable?" I asked quietly.
"It's not." He admitted.
"Then move your head." I said with a small laugh.
"But it will look like I'm kissing you." Ryder said.

I looked up at him and grinned.

"Ryder, I told you earlier in the summer. You know, when we accidentally kissed and then you actually kissed me, that I didn't mind it." I said.
"That still leaves a little bit of room that you don't like it." Ryder said.

I kissed his cheek and after doing so I smirked at him.

"You worry too much about what girls think." I said.

He chuckled quietly and hugged me more. A warning bell rang signalling we had five minutes left before our first class begins.

"We should get going." I said.
"I don't wanna." He whinned.
"Why not?" I asked, "Usually I'm the one to say that."
"Because I don't wanna let you go." he mumbled.

I chuckled at him. We haven't made it official, but we flirt a lot like this. I took his hand and pulled him towards the room for our first period class.

Someone's POV
"They've definitely grown closer since last year. Almost as if they were dating." I said.
"Don't worry... I'll make sure she is out of the picture for you..." a male voice said over the phone.
"How?" I asked.
"That's for me to know. You don't need to worry about it. You'll get the boy all to yourself. I promise." the man said.
"Alright I'm trusting you with this." I said.
"Don't worry. Now get to class." He said before hanging up on me.

Monica's POV
I opened my eyes. I was still in darkness, but I was able to see the outlines of objects. In the distance I could hear Soren talking.

"Don't worry... I'll make sure she is out of the picture for you." He said.

What is he talking about?

"That's for me to know. You don't need to worry about it. You'll get the boy all to yourself. I promise." He said.

What boy?

"Don't worry. Now get to class." He said.

Someone is school...

There was a long silence indicating that his phone call was over.

Does he have a new sidekick like Delani once was a while ago?

I heard footsteps coming toward me.

"Ah... Hello dear." Soren said.

I looked at him as he turned on a lamp near by. He had a tray of food in his hands and brought it over to me.

"I thought you might be hungry, so I brought you some food." He said.
"Who were you talking to?" I asked.
"No one that you need to know." He answered as he cut up an apple.
"Who were you talking about?" I asked and I saw a smile creep onto his face.
"Someone close to you." he sneered.

Someone in school... who wants to get rid of a girl and get her guy... someone close to me...

"Delani." I stated.
"Very good..." Soren sighed.

He put a cut piece of apple in front of my mouth. I did not open because I was skeptical of him.

"Sweet Monica... If I wanted to kill you I would have done so a long time ago..." Soren said.

I hesitantly opened my mouth and he put the apple piece in my mouth.

"There you go." He said with a smile.

I need to warn Mark about the danger Delani could be in...

Mark's POV
I sat at my computer playing prop hunt with Jack, Bob, and Wade.

"Bob! No!" Jack yelled causing us all to laugh as Bob chased Jack around.
"Come back here you stupid cabbage!" Bob yelled back.
"No! Leave me alone!" Jack shouted back.

After a minute or so Bob finally killed Jack.

"Argh! No!" Jack shouted.
"Haha! Gotcha!" Bob said.

As Bob and Wade started to get into their spots I started to get a headache. Not just any headache, it felt like my head was going to explode. It was so painful I accidentally groaned in pain as I grabbed my head.

"Mark? You okay?" Wade asked.
"Huh? Yea... I'm fine." I said.
"Mark seriously... You look pale. Are you sick?" Bob asked.
"No I just got a bad headache all of a sudden." I explained.

Mark...

I looked around my room and saw no one.

"Mark, you sure you're okay?" Wade asked again.
"I don't know..." I admitted with a sigh.
"We can stop the recording now. I mean, we have been playing for about an hour now." Bob suggested.
"Yea, then ya can get some rest." Jack added.
"Okay, fine." I agreed.

First Wade left, then Bob. Jack was about to sign off but I stopped him.

"Jack... I need to tell you something." I said.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"I-I think Monica was trying to contact me last night." I explained.
"Contact you?" He asked.
"Yea... you know... she and I are twins and have that telepathy thing. I think she was trying to show me where she was."
"Well, where was she?" He asked.
"She was in an abandoned warehouse." I explained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wish I could be finished with this story for you guys but I keep running into writer's blocks! Uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter!
-Haley❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~