Dreams do come true

-Sky's P.O.V-
"I'm so proud of you sky! I know how hard you worked and I know what you had to sacrifice to be where you are today." My sister said while hugging me. I had just got accepted into one of the most prestigious universities across the country...Stanford. My dream school since I was in middle school.
"Thank you Vicky, I still can't believe it's real, dreams really do come true!"  I replied while tears started building up in the corners of my eyes. I've fought long and hard for this opportunity, I've even broken up with my first boyfriend before high school because I thought he would be a distraction. I also went to a different school from my friends because the other school had better programs. You must think I'm crazy to leave my first love and friends for my own benefit...well that's just what I learned at a young age.
"Mom would be so proud of you, I know she's looking down at you and smiling. I've seen you struggle with her death but that's only made you into the strong and beautifully independent women that you are." Vicky said.
It's true, my mother died while I was 12 and I've been hurting since that day. Growing up my mother took care of 5 children while my "father" slept with anything that moved. He also drank and beat her; thankfully never touching me or my sisters. When I was 8, my mother couldn't take it anymore of her emotional and physical pain, so she gave me over to my older sister, Vicky, who had raised me since. I thought that I was the problem, I always thought if I had eaten my vegetables more as a kid then she wouldn't have given me up. I remember the funeral; I never cried up until I saw her laying in that casket. She looked so peaceful and at ease. She was walking down a road at night and got hit by another car who had been drinking, but I'm glad she didn't suffer. For years I have been blaming myself for her death, something I never told anyone before because you see...my birthday was in December and she came to visit in January . She came to give me a present and spend time with me but she was drunk one night and Vicky kicked her out of the house. Weeks later we were informed of her death, so if she hadn't come to see me then she would still be alive. I know it sounds unreasonable for me to be responsible but I can't shake the feeling of what if?
"I know she wants me to be happy, everything she had to give up to raise us pushed me to do better in school. I promised her that one day I would make her proud and that I would follow my dreams when she couldn't." I replied while pulling away and flung my carry on over my shoulder. I decided to study abroad in Europe because I wanted to get out of America and explore the world. Plus I know how much my mother wanted to travel. I said my last goodbyes to Vicky and started to climb aboard the plane. I was heading to Spain, I've been interested in its culture and took an internship at a law firm there. Even though it was my first years of law, I had already taken college classes during high school and passed the bar exam for Spain. I was the youngest lawyer at the firm, only 24, but I was determine to show my potential.
——————————————————
-Cristiano's P.O.V-
"Come on Cristiano! My grandmother runs faster than that!"
I didn't trade to Real Madrid to be treated like this. I picked up my arms and swung them back-and-forth while picking up my legs. I quickly glanced over my shoulder to see Bale right on my heels. This only motivated me to run faster and beat him to the end of the field.
" Damn! Again! Cristiano you need to throw me a bone once in awhile." Bale said out of breath.
I chuckled to myself.
"I let you win when you even come close to beating me but other than that get use to being second best." I replied in my thick Portuguese accent. Bale and I were good friends despite what the media said about us. It made my blood boil when paparazzi twisted stories to their own amusement. Like when I was accused of being gay or that I had a huge ego just because he was an amazing player.
"Maybe I'll just wait till you get old and then I can take you on. Even then you'll still be fast." Bale said while laughing then soon jogged off to join the rest of the team. I was used to being the best but I always felt like something was missing...and that miracle was brought to me in 2010 when my dear son was brought into the world. Cristiano Jr. was the only thing that kept me out of jail, my son's innocence kept me sane. I knew everything about losing a father and that's why I promised myself that my son comes first before anything, even love. The main reason for the breakup between Irina and I was that she wanted fame & fortune and that plan didn't include my son.
"Hey Ronaldo! Get over here and learn the plays! Stop daydreaming and give me championships!"
Instantly I snapped out of it and jogged to my team, greeted by Rodríguez with a high five. Even with my teammates and drills, I couldn't get the thought of Sofia out of my mind, the mother of my son. Stop it Cristiano! She's gone and you have to move on!