22. 18th birthday

Three Empty Words is such a good song😍 I'm so proud of Shawn.

Nicole's POV

"LANE! ZOE!" I smile and run over to hug them. "Hey sis!" Lane says and they both smile. "Where is Shawn?" She asks. "He's probably meeting fans. He was behind me a second ago." "Ah."

      We wait a few minutes before Shawn finally shows up behind us. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Lane says and hugs him as well as Zoe. "Thanks guys!" Shawn replies and smiles. "Can we go home now?" Zoe asks. "Yeah, we have to drop Shawn off first though." "No you don't. I'm gonna sleep over at your house." Shawn responds and winks at me. "Okay so now your planning on spending the night without telling me? Where are you gonna sleep?" I jokingly ask. "With you, love." He says and I laugh at the way he says it. "Okay let's get out of here!" Lane says putting her arms forward.

"Hi baby!" My mom says when I walk in the door and she has her arms out. "Hi mom!" I exclaim and run into her embrace. "Happy birthday Shawn!" She says and hugs him next. "Thank you." "You guys must be tired, you should get some rest." My mom says to us. "Mom can I stay up?" Zoe asks. "No, it's almost 2 in the morning, you need to sleep." "But I wanna talk to Nicole and Shawn." "We are going to bed too. Well I am, I don't know about Shawn." I say look over at Shawn who is scrolling through something on his phone. "Okay goodnight guys," I add and hug everyone.

I go upstairs and Shawn follows me. "I'm not gonna bother changing, I'm fine in these sweatpants and this tank top." "Me too." Shawn says and we both lay down on my old bed. I turn off the light on the bedside table and lay my head on Shawn's chest. "Goodnight, happy birthday, I love you." "Thank you. I love you too." He says and kisses my forehead. A smile grows on my face and he gently plays with my hair as I fall asleep.

      "Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, Nicole" Shawn repeats, trying to get me to wake up. "JESUS CHRIST SHAWN I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME!" "Sorry, you didn't get up." He says, flinching like I was going to hit him. "What time is it?" I ask and sit up, stretching my arms. "10:30." He responds and runs his hands through his crazy hair.

     "We should probably get up and get ready. You need to stop by your parents house." "No, we need to stop by their house." "Shawn, your acting like we are a married couple." "It's my birthday so I wanna spend time with you." "Fine. Now go get ready." I say and practically push him out of bed jokingly.

     I change into a black crop top and some loose designed shorts (shown above) before doing my makeup and loosely curling my hair

     I change into a black crop top and some loose designed shorts (shown above) before doing my makeup and loosely curling my hair. "You take forever to get ready," Shawn complains. "I don't care, I wanna look nice." "You always looks nice." "Okay, I'm done." I say, putting away the curling iron and my makeup bag.

     "Stop being so perfect!" Shawn says and pulls me into his chest. "I love you. Happy birthday." "Thank you. I love you more!" He says and kisses me. "Eww," Zoe says and walks into my room. Shawn and I both laugh at her reaction and I joke, "get used to it or go away." "Okay, goodbye," she laughs, "mom left you guys some breakfast downstairs." "Okay, thanks."