Chapter 18

Tori's POV
4/30/17

I closed the door of my temporary home and went to the street, where my car was parking. When I was about to open my car door my phone beeped.

dm from @scotthoying:

One of my meetings is going longer than expected. Esther will get you and show you the backstage area. I'm gonna be there asap. Sorry!

Thank you for notifying me :)

The drive to the venue only took me 19 minutes. The venue was closer to my exchange partner's house than I thought.

I could already see Esther and walked up to her.

"Hey! You must be Tori. I'm Esther. Nice to meet you."

"That's me. Nice to meet you too." I gave her a hug.

"Alright, I'm gonna give you a quick tour of the backstage area and if Scott isn't back by then leave you with one of the crew members. Let's start this."

Esther's nice. She took a lot of time for me although she probably had other - more important - things to do.

She showed me every room of the venue and even introduced me to some of the crew members.

"Hey. I'm Avi." A deep voice announced.

"That's my brother. He plays the guitar and the bass. Bro, that's Tori."

"Nice to meet you." He said with his wonderful voice.

"ESTHER!" We heard someone call from the hallway and Esther ran towards the voice after making sure I'd be okay with Avi.

"We have 15 more minutes until Scott will be here, so what do you want to do? Are you hungry? Are you thirsty? Do you want to see the stage? You're going to sing with Scott, right? Do you want to practice with me?"

That were a lot of questions. He is so nice and protective.

"Umm. Do you maybe have some water?"

"Yes, of course. Right there under the table."

We were in the sitting room and next to the walls were a lot of tables with snacks and drinks. Under them, they had some water bottles.

Just when I wanted to get up to get myself one, Avi stood up and walked to the bottles.

"Sparkling or not?"

"Without, thank you." He smiled and stared into my eyes with his deep green ones while returning to me and handing the water out.

Avi just opened his mouth when Scott came through the door.

"Here you are!" He kind of yelled.

Scott came over to me and gave me a tight hug.

"It's so nice to meet you. Do we want to start right now?"

"Yes. Why not."

"Okay. Avi, can you get the camera? We'll meet on stage."

Scott gave me a sign to follow him and we walked through different halls to get to the stage.

"I'm so sorry for being late by the way. The meeting was pretty spontaneously and I didn't know about it."

"It's no problem. Esther and Avi kept me company. They were both really nice."

"I love my crew. They are all so nice. I don't know what I'd do without them."

We talked a little more and then we were on stage.

"Wow. This is so big." I was surprised.

"I have to pinch myself every day. I never thought that I'd have the chance to play venues like this one."