Break up

Today was officially the worst day ever. My boyfriend Jax  or should i say ex boyfriend broke up with me for reasons best known to him. Right now, I'm an emotional wreck and the icing on the cake was getting an "F" in my math's test. "Katherine, is that you" i heard mom ask from the kitchen "yes mom, I'm home" i replied rolling my eyes. I headed straight for my room throwing myself on my queen sized bed. I couldn't hold it back, i broke down in tears. I and jax had been together for a year until his sudden change of attitude and now a break up. It was so hard to bear cause i still loved him. "Katherine, dinner is ready" mom called "okay mom I'll be down in a minute" i said trying to hold back my tears.
Dinner wasn't so bad but I really didn't have an appetite and it got mom a little worried. The last thing I wanted was her worrying about me when she had other things to take care of...things like our now shattered home.
My parents had been having issues for sometime now and my dad hadn't been home in months. They were probably going to file a divorce and though it did hurt but it was kind of the best thing for my mom. She didn't deserve to be treated the way she was and even though I love my dad he honestly wasn't the best choice for my mom.
I helped mom tidy the plates after dinner and afterwards pretended I had assignments to do when in reality I just wanted to cry out my eyes. The whole break up thing with Jax wasn't something I had ever thought of. After crying for what seemed like forever  I took out my phone from my purse, called my best friend Emilia. She was more like a sister really and we had been friends since we were 5.
"Hey babe" I heard Emilia say from the other end. "Emilia, it hurts" I managed to say while holding back tears and sulking. "C'mon babe, you're worth more than that and you deserve better''... the pep talk went on for about an hour and afterwards I just laid down to sleep. I honestly did feel better talking to Emilia.