A fresh start

Today was the day, the day I was moving in with dad and his concubine. I had cried all week and if tears could change anything I would have probably had a house of my own.
My mom had left form New York to her childhood friends in Italy. I was all alone now. I hadn't seen Emilia and all I could do was talk to her over the phone and update her on the latest happenings.
Emilia was really sad about everything but the truth be told, I had no choice or say in everything that was happening.
Moving in with my dad meant I had to change my school and I was a little happy about that because it meant I wouldn't have to bother about Kelly and her friends or worry about how I would  face Jax.
The drive to my dads house was about 6 hours and I slept all through the way.
By the time we got there, it was already 7:49pm and though I didn't really do anything, I was exhausted. The whole thing was tiring and I just wanted to either continue my sleep or cry. My dad and I hadn't spoken all through the journey and it was a little awkward but I didn't really care. I didn't want to be mean but I sincerely hated him for making my mom go away. I hated him for hurting us and now making me move in with him.
When I got into the house, I was warmly welcomed by the new mistress. The lady was unusually sweet, warm and friendly. We got along so well but I really missed my mom and the thought of her made me sad.
My dad still hadn't said a word to me and I just ate dinner and went to the room I was told was mine, called Emilia and we spoke for hours before we both wished each other a peaceful night rest.
I couldn't sleep and it was already 10:14pm. I just scrolled through my pictures and ended up crying myself to sleep cause I missed my mom so much.
The next day I was woken by a heated argument between my dad and the new lady. I couldn't quite place what they were saying but it seemed pretty serious. I didn't know if to go out and see what was happening or just stay in my new room till they sorted things out.
I decided to go out to probably remind them that I was there. My dad immediately kept quiet when I walked into the kitchen where they had been arguing. He stormed out of the kitchen, pushing me aside. The new lady smiled faintly and told me to not mind whatever it was I heard or saw as it was one of those things. I didn't quite understand what she meant by "one of those things" but who cared. I asked for her name or what she wanted me to call her and she replied shyly "call me Pamela,that's my name"