Chapter Five

I woke up to the alarm on my phone going off saying I had to get ready to head to Kori's house. I got up and did my morning routine then I left my hotel room and started to walk the streets of Jump City to get to Kori's house.

I took a little longer to get there because I decided to wander around. I arrived to the house and knocked on the door. I stood there for a minute but no one answered. Come on someone has to be home this is where we're supposed to meet. Right? I pull out my phone and check my messages to see if anything has changed. Nope still supposed to meet here. So then what do I do? I put my hand on the door knob, turned it, then swung the door open.

The house was a mess. Decorations that were probably supposed to be hung up at the wedding were hung up in the house. I look over to my left and on the table were two empty ring boxes. Karen was in the kitchen looking at all of the flowers trying to figure out if we had gotten them all. Lucy was in the living room checking the dresses to see if everything was intact and that all the pieces were there. Terra was checking the cake and the cupcakes to make sure they all looked ok and were un-damaged. Kori, oh boy, she was running everywhere trying to make sure all of the catering was where it should be and that the other girls had everything. She was a mess. Kori put her hand over her mouth and rushed to the bathroom, I wasn't far behind. I held her hair as she got rid of whatever was in her stomach.

Once she was done she was right back at it again. I walked out of the bathroom and everything looked worse from this angle. I decided I had enough and I yelled for everyone to sit down. They all listened and sat down wherever they were.

I sighed. "Karen how are the flowers?"

"We're missing some but other than that they're all good." She replied.

"Ok. Terra, how do the desserts look?"

"Yummy. Not a single one looks bad." She gave me a thumbs up.

"Lucy, how are the dresses?"

"The belt for one of the dresses are missing but I already called and someone is bringing another one. They should be here any time." She had an assuring smile on her face.

"Two things Kori. One, where are the rings and two, is the catering where it should be?"

"Roy has the rings and the catering is all ready there and set up how I wanted it." She looked better already.

"Ok that wasn't so hard. Now, Karen call and see where those flowers are and I'll call Roy and see how everything is going over there."

I pulled out my phone to call Roy but I was interrupted by the knock on the door. Kori answered it and the cosmetologists walked in. They came in with suitcases and chairs and started their setup. Weird I thought there was going to be five artists. As I said that the fifth one stumbled through the door and hiccuped.

I walked up to one of the artists. "Is she drunk?"

He looked at me. "Ma'am, Kelsi is always drunk."

"She's going to be doing someones makeup?" Please tell me they're going to call a replacement.

"She does makeup better drunk than sober. Trust me, I've seen it. By the way I'm Jeferee."He casually replied.I can't believe this.

By this time Kelsi has already set up her station and the guys came with the belt for the dress. Now it was time to let the artists do their thing. I quickly sat down at one of the stations, avoiding Kelsi's. Lucy was the last one in the room because she was putting the belt with the dress. She got stuck with Kelsi and she did not look pleased.

Lucy glared at Kelsi and said "If you do anything to make me look stupid or make my boyfriend turned off, you're dead." With that she sat down.

Jeferee looked at Terra's hair and shook his head. "How do you live with these split ends?" He mumbles under his breath and starts working with Terra's hair.

The girl behind me, Angela I think, is crying her eyes out.

"Um, are you ok?" I almost don't want to know.

She sobs. "No! My boyfriend of four years broke up with me this morning."

I knew I shouldn't have asked. "Do you mind if I tell you how it happened?"

Well if it helps her. "Sure."

"Well it started four years ago-" I tuned her out after that.

Every now and again I tuned back in to see if she was almost done. About the forth time she she started to talk about the break up that morning.

"Well last week I found out I was pregnant and I didn't know how to tell him. My friend told me to tell him flat out. That's what I did. I told him a couple of days ago at breakfast. He didn't seem to take it very well because he got up and left. He didn't come home till noon the next day. He sat me down on the couch and told me 'I want you to get an abortion'-"

I interrupted. "He told you to get an abortion? Ha! If my future boyfriend ever told me to get an abortion, I would send him to Hell with my father."

"I just couldn't believe him. I told him that we could finally have a family but he wouldn't hear of it. He then grabbed my wrist and brought me outside and tried to force me into the car. I started screaming and yelling at him and eventually the neighbor, Chris, came out and split us up and put me behind him because my boyfriend was starting to get aggressive. Eventually he gave up , told me we were through, grabbed some stuff from the house, then left."

Talk about a rough morning. "I am so sorry that happened to you and I hope that everything turns out ok for you and the baby."

"Thanks." She sounds calm now, good.

About thirty minutes after that conversation we were put on our indigo dresses and Kori put on her luxurious ivory gown, for the theme of the wedding is white and purple. We then piled into the limo. Kori passed out on the way to the church because she was so tired. Nobody talked because we knew she needed to get that little amount of rest.

Kori was wide awake when we arrived to the church. I wanted to talk to Kori, but the pastor seemed to be in a hurry to get us all lined up so I didn't get talk to her. We were all lined up and I realized that I was trying to find Richard. I couldn't see him any where then I looked to my right. Oh my gosh he's the best man! I have to walk down the aisle with our arms linked with him! Oh my gosh! Ok I need to calm down. I just won't look at him and everything will be fine.

Soon the doors opened and we all walked down the aisle, I refused to look at Richard. Once we were in our places, Kori walked down the aisle and I have to say she looked absolutely gorgeous. She reached Roy and gave me her bouquet and the ceremony started. I tried so hard not to cry but after the 'I do's' I started to bawl. I couldn't save my makeup any longer.

Roy picked up Kori bridal style and carried her out of the church with everyone not far behind. I think everyone was ready for the reception at this point. I knew I was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to thank everyone who is reading cause it means a lot to me that someone likes what I'm writing. If you guys are enjoying this story please let me know. If you have any ideas that you would like to possibly see in a future chapter let me know cause I would like to keep this story going for as long as I possibly can.