•21•Dean•

I sighed and looked up at the dark ceiling of the hotel room. The only noise in the room came from Roman who whimpered slightly every couple minutes when he decided to turn over.

I raise up out of the bed and walk to the door of the hotel, then quickly slip out of it.

I take the stairs instead of the elevator down to the first floor and out of the building.

The night air was cool against my skin, but it was a feeling I learned to love.

I closed my eyes as the as the breeze blew on, strange for early summer, but very relaxing.

The hotel we were booked at tonight was a few miles out of the city, surrounded by what seemed like miles and miles of trees. And while most of my coworkers didn't really appreciate it too much, I did.

It was quite. Peaceful. No blinding city lights. No fans. It wasn't crowded. It was just me and the night sky.

"Beautiful night, huh Ambrose." I heard a voice behind me say and it was enough to almost make me cringe.

"Um yeah, sure." I replied back as John came and stood next to me, "What are you uh, doing out here."

"Nikki headed to sleep." He said with almost a nervous laugh, "I just though I'd come out here and relax or something."

I shrugged, "Yeah. I guess its relaxing or whatnot. The stars and all."

"They're beautiful." He said with a smile as he looked up at the sky, "You don't really get a chance to enjoy it when there's too many people around and with a the lights."

"Yeah." I mumbled and shifted on my feet slightly, unsure of why the man was trying to make conversation.

"My mom always said that every star was a blessing." He said to me, "Parents come up with weird things. Your mom every day anything like that?"

"Uh yeah." I muttered the lie, not wanting to discuss my mother, or any of my parents, or me, or anything with this man.

He smiled again and it made me frown slightly. He was just another person who was filled with good memories while I wasn't.

"Blessings." He muttered again with a sigh before taking something out of his pocket.

"What's that?" I asked him, and he looked over to me as though he forgot I was standing here.

"Oh this." He said with a laugh, "Can you keep a secret?"

I shrugged, "I guess."

He laughed slightly before showing me a small box, then opened it to reveal an expensive looking ring.

I felt something inside of me... It was a feeling I really couldn't describe.

"You asked her?" I asked him.

He sighed, "No, not yet. I've been trying to get her alone all day. This morning I was going to ask when I went to the locker room, but she had a promo to do. This afternoon she was busy, and now she's just tired so I let her rest."

"I thought you didn't want to get married?" I asked him and he just laughed.

"I didn't." He replied, "But you don't get it man. She's just... amazing. She's like my other half. My best friend. My everything. Shes been my wife this whole time, I just want to make things official now."

'Now?? Now you wanna fucking do shut John?' I shouted in my head but attempted to give him a small smile.

"Well congrats." I say to him, "I think I'm gonna go take a walk or something but you have a good night Cena."

"You too Ambrose." He called out to me as I quickly walked down the steps and out towards the path that lead into the forest.

"Everyone gets there fucking happily ever after." I muttered to myself and clinched my fist in anger.

'No one will ever want you.' I heard my mothers voice repeat in my head but it only infuriated me instead of upsetting.

No one wants me, yeah I get that. And no one really wanted Nikki either.

Until now.