Chapter 1

My alarm rang six o'clock next to me. Shit. Rubbing my tired eyes, I turned off my alarm clock and got out of bed, stretching. I slowly walked over to my kitchen, where I made myself eggs, bacon and a strong pot of coffee. Grabbing a Poptart from one of the shelves, I looked out towards the New York skyline through my crappy apartment window, sipping on my coffee. Another day of work, I thought.

Groaning, I took a shower and washed my face, feeling the warm water washing away my attitude. Walking out of the bathroom, I put on my uniform, which consisted of a pearl white blouse with a coal black skirt and my maroon apron.

After putting on my shiny black pumps, I put my long, curly dark brown hair in a bun while watching the cars and taxicabs whiz down the street far below me.

Staring at the clock, which read 7:00 AM, I grabbed my bag, locked the door to my apartment, and walked out my building.

When I stopped at the curb, the traffic light turned red, stopping all the cars. This was the commencement of rush hour traffic. It happened every Monday and Wednesday, and that was convenient for me because this certain traffic light had a stale red, meaning that I didn't have to take the crosswalk that was a block away. I could just walk through the traffic.

As I walked across the street, weaving my way around the cars, only a couple people honked at me, but I rolled my eyes. They didn't really bother me, so I didn't care.

Opening the door to the restaurant, I was greeted by my apartment neighbor and waitress buddy Mary, who was setting up the tables as I came in. "You're early," she said, putting her dark brown hair up in a wobbly bun that swayed as she moved. "No I'm not," I replied, putting my bag behind the counter. "I'm on time. It's Monday, remember?"

"Yea, but we don't open for another thirty minutes. Even Lillian isn't here, and you were sound asleep when I left. You snore so loudly, I'm surprised I can even get sleep."

"I'm not that loud," I argued.

"Oh, please," Mary said. "All the street dogs were howling last night because of you."

Smiling, I walked over to her and helped her set up. "So...how was your date with Chris?" Mary asked, staring at me intently.

I sighed. "Awful," I said, folding the napkins. "He didn't let me get a word in because he was too busy talking about himself, he ordered my food for me, and he was flirting with the damn waitresses. By the time he was done, I finished my food and left him with the bill, and the waitress, who he took home instead of me."

Mary laughed. "Ugh, you got stuck on a date with a fuckboy."

I shook my head. "It's pretty ironic because the waitress he went home with was his ex-girlfriend, who he called an 'evil bitch'."

Mary hugged me. "I'm sorry your date went bad. However, aren't you tired of being alone?"

I laughed. "I'm not alone, I just don't feel like being in a relationship right now, not with...other things on my mind," I explained, my thoughts wandering to the boys I still haven't located.

"Alright then, but if you change your mind, I have my cousin Nick on speed dial," Mary's dark brown eyes gazed at me with happiness.

"Don't worry, I won't."

Groaning, Mary walked over to the window and flipped around the sign so it said, 'Open', seeing that it was now 7:30.

As if she was summoned every time the restaurant opened, Lillian walked through the door, her golden brown hair flowing in the breeze. "Good morning, Lillian," Mary said cheerfully.

Lillian put down her bag and sighed. "It would be, if it wasn't rush hour," she said grumpily. I smirked. Lillian was not a morning person, especially on Mondays, because of the sudden rush of customers. "I brought your favorite coffee, Lillian," I said, holding it out to her. A smile immediately reached the corners of her mouth. "Thank you, Ember," she said happily. "You always know how to brighten my day."

"Ass kisser," Mary murmured beside me. Stepping on her foot, I went to the back as our chefs were starting to pour in. They always came in 'late' on a Monday. Lucky assholes.

Within the first couple of hours, we usually get ten to fifteen customers on a Monday, but this time, we got twenty. I was busy serving and manning the register today. A few new customers came in, and they were delighted with my fake positivity. Few children came in on a Monday, but when they did, they lifted my spirits and brought me bliss. As usual, some boys tried to flirt with me, and give me their number, but I simply refused.

When the clock reached 11 AM, I started to take my apron off and go out for my break when a bout of yelling stopped me. Lillian turned the corner, a flustered look on her face and her chef hat askew. "I know that you're about to go on your break," she said, "but we have some rowdy boys here, and I was wondering if you could take them, and hopefully calm them down." She gave me a pleading look.

"But why do I have to do it?" I whined, exhaustion affecting my mood.

"Because," she said, her foot tapping with impatience, "They look about your age, and you bond well with the customers. Plus, business is slow, so it really isn't a big hassle."

I rolled my eyes, grumbling under my breath. "Alright," I sighed, putting my apron back on and glancing at Mary, who just shrugged and continued counting change in the register.

Lillian smiled. "Thank you so much," she called as she walked to the back.

"My day just got a whole lot easier," I said to Mary sarcastically.

"It'll be okay," she murmured, smiling at a good-looking guy behind me.

"You're a ho sometimes," I said, slapping her lightly on her arm, "I hope you know that."

She laughed. "In some cases, the ho life is the best life."

Grabbing my notepad, I walked toward the screaming and yelling in a booth, but as I turned a corner, I stopped.

My eyes softly glowed a blood red, and my werewolf senses reached out further. I caught the aroma of four werewolves, but the funny thing was, they smelled like my pack.

My eyes lit up with a curiosity. Could these be the four boys I've been looking for all this time? Walking slowly, I turned the corner and came face to face with four boys, their bright eyes staring at me. I was stunned and satisfied, for I had found them.