Chapter 3

Elizabeth told Zach that she and Iain were going to go out for dinner. He was a little made about that but know he could not change her mind. "Okay." He said to her before he kissed her and she pulled away a little. "Bye." She left and drove to Iain's apartment. She got there and knocked on his door. He opened the door in a white dress shirt, black tie, and black slacks." Come in. I just need to grab my jacket." She entered his house as the familiar smell hit. It smelled like Iain and a smell she can't figure out.

They drove to the restaurant and was given their seats right away. "I will be your waiter. How may I start you off today."

"Can we get a bottle of Kenwood Vineyard," Iain said looking at Elizabeth to see if that was okay. "Perfect." The waiter left with the order and came back a few moments later with a bottle of wine. He poured them a glass and left the bottle on the table. "What do you think you want?" He asked her looking at her above his menu. "The salad sounds good. What about you?"

"Probably go with the stake." He shook his head. The waiter came back a few moments later and to take their order. They talked about work, Zach, and everything else that came to mind. "Iain?"

"Yeah." He looked up from his meal to look at her.

"Do you have anything against Zach?"

"As long as he treats you right. I have no problem with him." Iain said looking at her with love in his eyes. "That's good. But I don't like that he has a problem with you." She also looked at him with what looked like love in her eyes.

"Don't worry it can't affect me." Just then a waiter walked by them and tripped over his shoe as red wine spilt all down Iain's white shirt. "I'm so sorry sir. Let me get you-"

"It's alright. Just get me a towel." Iain said patting down his shirt with his napkin. "Let me help," Elizabeth said trying to help him soak up as much of the wine off his shirt. He looked up at her then down at her lips. "T-t-thank you." He said trying to shake away from the thought. "Let me pay for dinner."

"Not happening. I asked you to come out with me. I'm paying."

"I can't get around it? Half?"

"No, Elizabeth. I got it." He got out his wallet and paid the bill. "Thank you, Iain."

"Your welcome." They walked out to their cars and stopped. "Is it okay if I give you a hug for a great night?"

"I can make the expedition." She gave him a hug her arms tightened around him as ever tension in his body weakened by her touch. They lead back just enough to see each other. "I'm sorry about your shirt." He stared at her lips want- no needing to kiss them. "Don't worry about the shirt." He said leaning down to kiss her. Her hands came to the back of his neck as his settled on her waist. She deepened the kiss without realizing. He stopped himself before he can make it go further. He pulled away from her. "I-I-I'm so sorry. You're with Zach. I should go." He left and went straight home thinking about her.

Elizabeth also goes home to Zach. She walked in through the door and Zach was there in the kitchen. "Hey. How was dinner?"

"It was good." He kissed her on the lips which only made her frown and look away from him. "Elizabeth what's wrong? Did Iain do something?"

"No! We just had dinner and went over the work schedule."

"Then why did you pull away when I kissed you?"

"I'm-I'm just not in the mood. I'm going to take a shower then go to bed." She kissed his cheek and walked away. The whole time she was thinking of Iain. The way his lips felt on her's. The way his breath hitched when she deepened it. Was overwhelming for her but she loved it. The way it made her feel.

She lay in bed that night only thinking of Iain and hoping he was doing the same. 'Should I call him? Text? Email? I don't know what to do.' She tried closing her eyes and falling asleep but every time she saw Iain and that was the only thing she ever wanted to see.