Chapter 1

Leo's Point of View

I cursed under my breath as the pair of pliers formed a nice-sized gash across my arm. The sight of my own blood made me a bit woozy, but I quickly bandaged it and got back to work. I've been working on the Argo ll for weeks and it was finally starting to look like a ship. I yawned as I took a quick glance at the clock. Shoot! It's already past curfew! I thought, quickly closing up Bunker 9, preparing to rush back to the cabins. In a matter of minutes, I was aimlessly running around in the forest, fear swelling up inside me as I heard creepy noises coming from all directions. My hand quickly burst into a ball of flame, giving me vision of my surroundings.

"Who's th-there?" I asked aloud, silently praying to the gods to allow me to safely get back to the cabins. I heard a shriek from behind me and began to run as fast I could in the opposite direction. As I past some trees, a hard stick came out of nowhere and hit me upside the head.

I was barely able to manage an "Ow..." before I slipped into unconsciousness.

Stella's Point of View

It was confusing. The Greek gods and the myths and everything. It was my second month at camp, but I still didn't entirely believe in all of it. I mean yeah, I saw the satyrs and nymphs, and yeah I was claimed Aphrodite, who was supposedly my mom, and yeah, all these people were fighting Greek monsters....but it just didn't seem realistic. What I'm trying to say is that I wanted to go out and see the world for myself instead of dressing up and putting make-up on like everyone else expected me to do. I wanted to be useful instead of another gossiping Aphrodite kid. Don't get me wrong, my siblings were pretty cool, but they really only cared about their love life and their appearance. But I didn't. So after curfew, I quietly sneaked out of my cabin and grabbed a sword and shield, heading towards the woods. I am so gonna prove them wrong.