Death is my closest friend

Updates on all of my stories will be really slow and may be put on hold for a while. Stuff has been going on lately and author-chan needs time to compose myself and get a break for a bit while school happens.

Also the picture is a reference to reader-chan's character, which I will use like an oc but as reader-chan just to make it easier on me.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Death.
That was the only thing I ever saw in the world. There was death waiting in every living creature. Something dies every day. It's part of life to die, but it isn't a choice.

I moved to London from Paris after recieving a letter that my family was murdered a couple days ago. I got all of their money, but sadly the mansion was destroyed so I can't live there.

Currently I was making my way to the Undertaker, a mortician in town that is in charge of my family's funeral. I was told he was a loon of some sorts and really creepy, but I don't believe that one bit.
The sign on the building along with the coffins in the window caught my eye after a while of walking around. It seemed perfectly fit for a mortician.

Stepping inside, I took a look around. There were coffins everywhere. One of them, a black one with blue interior, caught my interest. Feeling the fabric, it was like I was touching a cloud.

"Well hello dearie, are you here to be fitted for one of my coffins today?" A semi-deep voice resonated from behind me, causing me to turn and see a silver-grey haired man in black robes. His bangs covered his eyes and he had a scar across his face going up into the bangs.

I smiled, pondering the idea of having a coffin to sleep in, but remembered why I'm here. "Maybe not today. I'm here about my family. I was told they would be here."

Undertaker grinned at my response to his coffins but it faded upon the mention of my family. "You are the (l/n - last name) girl, arent you? Your family is ready to go. I have the funeral scheduled for three days from now. They are in the back if you want to see them."

"I'm okay. I want to wait to see them until the funeral. Now about me a coffin..."

"You want a coffin to sleep in? I don't believe you will be dying any time soon dearie." He gave a puzzled appearance as he thought about my coffin size.

"I want one to sleep in. I like this one here with the blue interior." I pointed at the coffin I was looking at earlier and he smiled warmly at me.

"That is a custom made coffin just for you dearie. I made it ahead of time just in case you wanted one. It should be the right size."

I didn't mind the fact that he had already made this one for me. I closed the lid on the coffin and saw Nikki engraved on the coffin in silver with blue and white roses painted around my name.

"If you don't mind me asking, do you have a place to stay miss Nikki? If not, I can move your coffin to one of my spare rooms or next to my own in my room. I wouldn't mind having you here."

Undertaker had a grin that some would think is crazy, but I saw it as really sweet and it suited him well.

"I appreciate you letting me stay, Undertaker. I guess I can sleep in my coffin next to you. It'll help me sleep if I sleep next to someone."

Undertaker's smile remained but dialed down a few notches as we moved my new coffin to the back of the shop next to another one with Undertaker written on the door.

"You can start working with me tomorrow if you want. You can have the money people give you. I have no need for the queen's coins so you can have any and all of them that are given as payment by customers hehe." Undertaker popped a dog biscut in his mouth and offered me one, which I accepted and held onto a few for later, taking one in my mouth.

"These are good, Undertaker. For dog treats they taste like sugar cookies."

"Why thank you,and when you get tired, I have a night gown right here for you to change into. One of my customers brought this but never used it so I decided to keep it just in case. You can have it as a gift from me."

Undertaker handed me a white night gown and showed me to the bathroom so I can take a bath, brush my teeth, and change.

When I came back, Undertaker was filling out paperwork and looked up at me with a smile. "That looks cute on you, Nikki."

A blush crept on my cheeks and I smiled. "Thank you, Undertaker."

"You may call me Adrian when it's just us, sweetie. Only my customers call me Undertaker."

"Okay, Adrian. It's getting late so I'm going to sleep. Goodnight."

Climbing into the coffin, I got myself comfortable, which wasn't very hard, and let the comfort of sleep embrace me in this comfortable coffin.

(Adrien's view)

As she fell asleep, I noticed that she forgot to close the lid on her coffin, causing me to chuckle a bit. "Such a sweet girl."

Getting up from my chair, I saw her peaceful state of slumber and smiled a bit. She looked like an angel in that white gown sleeping peacefully in her coffin. There wasn't a single flaw that would tell me she isn't beautiful.

I decided to leave the coffin open, watching her for a while before settling into my own coffin to sleep.

"She will be fun to work with. Plus, she isn't going to die for a long while."