Caskets and stitches

(Adrian's view)

As she fell asleep, I noticed that she forgot to close the lid on her coffin, causing me to chuckle a bit. "Such a sweet girl."

Getting up from my chair, I saw her peaceful state of slumber and smiled a bit. She looked like an angel in that white gown sleeping peacefully in her coffin. There wasn't a single flaw that would tell me she isn't beautiful.

I decided to leave the coffin open, watching her for a while before settling into my own coffin to sleep.

"She will be fun to work with. Plus, she isn't going to die for a long while."

-----------------------------------------------------------

(Nikki's view)

The smell of (favorite food) wafted into my coffin, gently waking me from my pleasant sleep. Gently pushing the lid off the coffin, the smell grows stronger as I climb out of the plush box.

Looking around, I remember the events from last night, a smile growing on my features when a playful humming reaches my ears from the kitchen. It seems like Adrien is an early riser.

I tread lightly into the kitchen, snagging a few of the bone-shaped treats on the way, and get on my tip toes to peek over Adrien's shoulder.

"Good morning, Nikki. Heheheh.. I see my cooking woke you?"

I smiled and stuck one if the treats in my mouth, eyeing the (fav food) hungrily. "Mhm. How did you know that was my favorite?"

Adrien chuckled, finishing the meal and setting it on a plate. "Pure intuition, my lady. Here you go." I got down from his shoulders, taking the plate of (favorite food) from him, and took a seat at the table. Adrien joined me at the other chair, setting a bowl of oatmeal down for himself.

We ate in silence, including the frequent glances at Adrien as he hummed to himself as he ate. I smiled, finishing my food and taking another treat in my mouth.

"Undertaker, are you here?" We were so caught up in our breakfast that we never heard anyone come in.

"Ah, the young Phantomhive. Let's greet our esteemed guest, my dear." Adrien rose from his seat, his grin spreading, and went ahead to the front with me trailing behind.

When I entered the front, I felt an unknown presence from one of the two people that came in. One of them was speaking to Adrien; a young boy wearing an eyepatch. Most likely the Phantomhive that Adrien was talking about.
The other was a tall ravenette man wearing a nicely kept suit, most likely the boys butler, and his ruby eyes were watching me as I observed him.

That's it. The weird presence is  coming from the butler. I narrow my eyes at him out of curiosity, recieving a smile back along with his index finger to his lips.

"Nikki, has something caught your eye about Sebastian? You haven't taken your eyes off each other since you walked in."

Both me and Sebastian froze and turned the other way.

"Sorry, Undertaker. I guess he caught my attention easily." Adrian and the boy laughed.

"Why don't you and Sebastian head to the back while me and Ciel talk business? I think it'll benefit both of you to get to know each other since him and his master are regulars here."

Adrian waved us off and Sebastian followed me to the back out of earshot of the two in the front.

"So the Undertaker has an assistant now? If I may ask, what is your name?"

Sebastian and I sat next to my coffin. He never took his eyes off of me since we were dismissed.

"Yes, I am his assistant. My name is Nikki (l/n)."

"That is a fine name. So, have you figured out what I am. I noticed you were studying me ever since I came in."

"When you walked in, I felt an unfamiliar presence resonating from you. I can't tell what it is, but it's not human."

Sebastian rose from his seat and knelt in front of me, his eyes flashing a bright shade of pink and his face nearing my own. "You are right. I'm not human. I'm just one hell of a butler."

His face was inches from mine before he stopped, our noses close enough to barely be considered touching.

"Sebastian, let's go. You can talk with your new friend at the ball I invited them to." Ciel poked his head into the back and narrowed his eyes at his butler.

Sebastian rose and backed away from my flustered form, smiling at me. "Until we meet again, miss (l/n)."

The pair left and Adrien came back into the room holding a white coat that appears to have been mended so many times that the stitches have their own story to tell.

"I made this for you. I hope you like it." He gently placed it on my shoulders, the coat instantly warming me.

"Thank you, Adrien. I love it."