The ball

"Sebastian, let's go. You can talk with your new friend at the ball I invited them to." Ciel poked his head into the back and narrowed his eyes at his butler.

Sebastian rose and backed away from my flustered form, smiling at me. "Until we meet again, miss (l/n)."

The pair left and Adrien came back into the room holding a white coat that appears to have been mended so many times that the stitches have their own story to tell.

"I made this for you. I hope you like it." He gently placed it on my shoulders, the coat instantly warming me.

"Thank you, Adrien. I love it."

-----------------------------------------------------------

The dress above is y'all's to wear to the fancy dance. The color doesn't have to be blue.

We spent the rest of the day out of the shop, taking a walk in the park that eventually led to Adrien taking me to a dress shop. The bells chimed at the door, signaling our entry to a little elderly lady at the counter to our left, a smile appearing on her face.

"My, my, Undertaker. Who is this young lady you brought with you? I guess the dress you requested was for this beautiful flower then instead of one of your guests." The woman shuffled over to Adrien, giving him a soft peck on the cheek before glancing my way.

"Heheh, this young lady is my new assistant and we were invited to a ball tomorrow night. I hope the dress fits this young lady here." Adrien settles his hands on my shoulders, his long silver locks tumbling over my shoulders as he rests his chin on my head.

The woman smiles brightly. "I have the dress in the back. Right this way, you two." She turns, leading us through the multiple racks and mannequins holding dresses and suits; each one has its own uniqueness to them.

Adrien covers my eyes halfway, catching me by surprise and earning an amused chuckle following a sudden yelp from surprise.

"Adrien, why did you cover my eyes? It's just a dress."

Adrien gasped as if he was hurt by my words. "It's not just a dress. It's a beautiful gown perfectly fit for you." He ushered me forward to the back then stopped me somewhere.

"I think both of you will like this dress here. Fit to her measurements exactly."

Undertaker uncovers my eyes and steps to the side so I can see.

That. Dress. Is. Gorgeous.

It was a one-shoulder dress that was black at the top, then faded out to (favorite color) at the bottom. There was also stones on the side and on the shoulder strap, and a complex pattern on the back.

"This is beautiful. I don't know what to say." I turn to Adrien and the lady, now watching me with smiles on their faces. "Thank you so much. I love it." I gave Adrien the biggest hug I could, then gave the lady a hug.

"I'm glad you like it, dear." The lady smiles, putting the dress in a protective bag and getting Adrien a bag for a tux. 

Is he really going to wear that?

"This isn't for me, dearie. I never wear a tux. This one here is for Sebastian. Apparently, one of his has holes in it."

I looked down, a little disappointed.

"Heheheh, just kidding. You shouldn't look sad, missy. Your inner beauty shines when you smile." Adrien chuckled at my action, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and walking us back to the morgue.

"I knew you'd want me to wear a tux, so I'll wear one just for you."

Adrien hung our ball clothes in his closet while I raided the cookie jar for the sweeter treats.