Chapter Two:

After a long drive we arrive in Walker Falls. It seams like a small town. I watch out the window as we pass a few houses and a park.
"Welcome to Walker Falls girls." Grandmother said as she kept driving.
Soon we get to a house and stop. The house is so large it looks almost like a mansion. The house has three stories and is painted a grey-ish white color. I look at it and grandmother smiles.
"Do you like it Cassandra?" she asked and I nod.

   We get out of the car and I look up at the large house again. It looks bigger than it did from the car. I then notice the house next to us that looks just as big. What catches my attention though is someone in the window looking down at  us. It's a boy that looks about my age with black hair like me, but it's more wild. Our eyes meet and he tilts his head slightly in curiosity. I look away as a hand gently pats my shoulder and I look back to see my grandmother.

"Are you alright dear?" Grandmother asked and I nod.

"Grandmother who is that boy?" I ask and look up at the window where the boy previously was to see he wasn't there anymore.

"You must mean Curtis Danko, He reminds me a lot like you dear. Not many people like him, but it's because they don't understand him. I think you two would be good friends." Grandmother replied

   I nod lightly and look up at the now empty window one more time then I turn around and help them bring everything into the house. When we get everything in I get a good look at the house. Most of the décor is black, red, and white and there is a set of stairs that separate into two different sets of stairs as they go up.

"Why don't you go see your new room Cassandra. It's the first door up the stairs and to the right." Grandmother said.

"Alright." I say and I go up the steps and to the right like she says.

    I get to the first door and the first thing I notice is a black plaque and written in purple letters is 'Cassie'. I gently open the door and walk inside to see the most beautiful room I have ever seen. Most of the walls were purple except for one wall which is black. The bed has black and purple sheets and a pastel purple comforter.  I look around the room and there are other little trinkets that are purple and back and a small table with two chairs on either side sits in one corner.
"I thought you might like it."
I turn around to see grandma's smiling face as she leans against the door frame.
"It's beautiful grandmother thank you." i say
"Your welcome dear, now how about you settle in and get ready for dinner."
    I nod and she leaves. I start putting everything in a spot and hanging my creations on the walls then I grab my sketch book and sit on my new bed. I start drawing a raven with silver specks on its feathers when Alissa appears at the door.
"Hey it's time for dinner." she said
  I nod and follow her down stairs and we sit down at the ebony wood table and start to eat.
"This place is so beautiful grandma." Alissa says.
"Thank you dear. Your grandfather built it when your father was in college." grandmother said.
"What made you want to move here?" Alissa asked.
"Well we needed a change of scenery for one. When your father went off to college we decided we didn't want to live in a city anymore. We wanted a nice quite little town and we found this place." Grandmother said.
"What was grandfather like?" i ask turning their attention to me. "Well he was a lovely man. Everyone liked him and he was as sweet as could be. There was not a hateful bone in his body." grandma said.
   I nod and silently continue eating lost in thought.
  If grandfather was so nice then how did father become the way he is? No matter it's not like I care anymore anyways. I have a new start on life... I finish eating and excuse myself from the table then I go to my room and change into a white and black long sleeved night gown. I work on the raven for a while until it was time to go to bed and I lay there in the dark for a few minutes wondering what tomorrow would be like. Im going to be in a new school how fun...not. With that thought I slowly fall asleep...