13

Tyla parham
Manhattan, New York

   Brushing my teeth, I washed my face and looked for an outfit. After getting dressed I went downstairs to cook breakfast.

" oh lord, make me plate". I heard the door close and Lauren came into the kitchen.

" grab the plates". She smiled and did a lil dance. I laughed and cut the fire from under the eggs.

" what you doing for Halloween?". I shrugged and fixed her plate.

" probably watch scary movies on Netflix, order pizza. Something like that".

" well me and Davis going to this party, you don't wanna come?". I shook my head and handed her the plate.

" nah, I wanna chill on the parties. I'd rather stay home".

" if you change your mind then let me know". Grabbing two forks and cups I sat them at the table before getting orange juice. " anyway...you and Christian good?".

" yeah, he's really cool. I like hanging out with him". I said as I sat down on the stool.

" y'all need to stop playing and get together, the way y'all look at each other makes a bitch wanna cry". I laughed and sipped on my orange juice.

" I don't look at him like that, he's just a friend". I said as she rolled her eyes.

" I smell denial".

" the only thing you should be smelling is eggs and waffles". I said as we laughed.

" you'll admit it one day". I flashed a fake smile before eating my food.

•••

" Christian can we run to the store? I need a few things". He nodded and a few minutes later he pulled up to Walmart.

Getting out of the car I pulled my hoodie over my head and he laughed at me.

" what?".

" it looks like you about to go steal some shit". I laughed a lil bit before smacking his arm.

" you gone stop putting yo hands on me lil girl". He said while I looked for some candy. " you made me drive here for some damn candy?".

" shut up, you was gone bring me regardless". I said, looking at him.

" mhm whatever". He mumbled before wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing the top of my head.

Clearing my throat, I fumbled with my hands while looking at some candy. I grabbed some sour patch kids. Looking up, Christian was recording me on snap chat

" oh my god, Christian". I whined as he laughed. Watching him type a caption he put in Walmart with the kid😁.

" don't act like you don't wanna be on my snap chat". Moving his arms from around me, I grabbed his arm and walked to the check out line.

••

" no Christian give me my candy". I said as he held the candy over my head.

" you can have it if you can get to it". I huffed and jumped up to get it but he lifted it higher. " aww that was cute ty".

Poking my bottom lip out, I punched his chest and he held it while laughing.

" stop playing with me Christian". I whined and punched his chest again before he threw me on the bed.

He held my candy in one hand while pinning me to the bed with the other. Looking into each other's eyes, our lips inches apart...I cleared my throat and he spoke up

" you gone stop punching me". He got up and chuckled before giving me my candy.

" nappy headed bully". I stuck my tongue out at him and ate some of my sour patch kids.

" it's cute when you get frustrated". He poked my nose and I giggled.

" are you going to that party with Davis and Lauren?".

" nah, i don't think I'm going. Why?". I shook my head and took my hoodie off.

" I just wanted to know if you were going or not".

" maybe we can do something, I mean...since we're not going to the party". I nodded and he smiled, making me smile back.

" I'm cool with that-". Hearing my phone buzz, I looked at the text from Josh. I locked my phone and put it down.

<<<<<<<
Comment & vote 💖