Pilot Down

"BLUE THREE, YOU GOT ONE BEHIND YOU!"

"I KNOW! CAN YOU GET HIM OFF ME, BLUE FIVE?"

"NEGATIVE, I'M DEALING WITH THIS TIE FIGHTER."

"Star Destroyers coming out of hyperspace. Blue Squadron prepare to pull out."

"NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE. WE CANNOT PULL OUT. THE REPUBLIC NEEDS THIS INFORMATION."

"AGREED. NOW COULD SOMEONE PLEA-"

Dash felt a searing pain in his back as his x-wing shuttered and slammed him forward into the console. "Damnit" he said to no one in particular. He looked around, surveying the damage.

"Blue three, can you hear me? DASH SPEAK TO ME."

"Yeah, YEAH. FIERFEK! IM ON FIRE, IM ON FIRE."

"Another Star Destroyer coming out of hyperspace. Blue Squadron you have to pull back now or you will be left behind."

"Black Leader to Blue Squadron, everyone get out of here NOW!"

Dash looked out of his cockpit to see another x-wing flying next to him.

"Blue Three, can you make the jump?"

"Umm, I don't know. Let me try firing it up."

"Well I'm not leaving til you do, so get the hell out of-"

Dash was once again slammed into the console, his head connecting with a sickening crack. When Dash regained his senses, he found he was spiraling out of control. The small x-wing was spinning towards the blue and green planet below. Dash was vaguely aware of people yelling over the communicator, and he thought he heard someone yell his name before complete silence.

Dash looked out of his cockpit to find that his left stabilizers were gone. All he could see out of the right side was thick black smoke as he entered the planets atmosphere. The surface was coming up, fast. His x-wing wouldn't survive this one, he'd have to eject. He fumbled with the controls. Where was that damned eject switch? In his confusion, he happened to look down and see a small red lever. "There you are." Dash pulled the lever as hard as he could. Not a second later, the cockpit broke off and he shot up into the sky. All Dash had time to see before he blacked out was clouds and the smoking black wreckage of his x-wing spiraling towards the planet's surface.

Authors Note

Hey everyone! This is an experiment to see how I do with fanfics other than Life is Strange related. Don't worry, I'm going to keep writing those too. Star Wars is literally my life, so I thought why the hell not. So I hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think.