Chapter Three

- Katy -

"Argh! Justin, stop putting your bananas there!" Demi shouted after she tripped over yet another banana left on the race track by Justin.

"That's like, the tenth one, you think you would learn," he replied using a teasing tone of voice.

Demi came here at 9 as planned, and now it's after 10.  Pattie and all of them came home around 9:30, their hands and arms covered by grocery bags.  They talked to Demi for a little bit, asking how she's been doing and all that.  Right now, me, Demi, and Justin are playing Mario Kart Wii together.  I think all the adults went to bed.  We've been playing Mario Kart for a little while now, but before we started we ate some pizza and Demi painted my nails.  They look really cool!

"Hey Katy, look over there!" Justin said as he took one hand off the wheel controller and pointed somewhere.

"What?" I frantically asked as I looked where he pointed.  I didn't take my finger off the 2 button, AKA the button that makes you accelerate.

"Katy!" Demi shouted and I looked back at the screen.  I had fallen off the track.

"Justin!" I whined as the little cloud figure put me back on the track.  We were playing the course "Rainbow Road."  {A/N: For those of you that don't know, Rainbow Road on Mario Kart Wii is like the hardest course ever. It's a VERY pretty course, but super hard. You can fall off the track of you turn the wrong way just slightly, or if a CPU/character bumps into you. The first time I played it, I probably fell off the track 20+ times. :P Anyway, back to the story and enough of my babbling.}

"That's what you get for looking," he said and laughed.

 "Oh Justin, seriously stop!" Demi screamed whenever she tripped over another banana set by Justin.

"I'm just too good at this game," he pridefully said.

"Mwahaha!" she exclaimed.  I saw that she got an item, and it was a blue turtle shell.  "Prepare to get hit, Justin," she deviously said as she fired the shell at him.

"Nooo!" he yelled as the turtle shell hit him.  Wario and Donkey Kong zipped right past him.  He went from being in first place to being in third.  The race ended, and he finished in third, Demi finished in eighth, and I finished in eleventh.

"I suck at this," I said and I laughed.

"I do too. Eighth sucks," Demi replied.

"I've always gotten in first place!" Justin shouted, still stunned that he came in third.

"Sure, sure," I said, rolling my eyes, not believing him.

"Selena beat your ass a million times playing this," Demi said.  I was a little shocked; I've never heard her swear before, except for in her song "Who's That Boy?".  But hey, everybody swears, especially teens.  It's just normal.

"Don't even bring her up," Justin replied as he took our controllers, put them back, and shut the Wii off.

"I'm with you on that one," she agreed, with a sigh.

"She called Justin, he answered, and to put it simply, she called me fake. He told her that he has a new girlfriend, and she didn't believe him, so I said something to prove, and she was like 'how much did he pay you to say that and be there with you?', and I was just thinking to myself, 'I hate her I hate her I hate her'," I said, slight anger in my voice.

"Ugh, she's the worst," Demi said.  Suddenly, the doorbell rang.  Demi looked a little freaked out.  "Now, who could be ringing our doorbell at 10 something at night?" she suspiciously asked.