Chapter Seventeen

- Katy -

"Ready to meet Justin?" I asked Adelaide as I got out of the car.  About twenty minutes ago, Adelaide's shift ended, and now we're at the studio Justin's at, and we're going to surprise him and also introduce Adelaide to him.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she said, using a bit of a teasing voice.

I chuckled and we walked inside of the building.  "Hi, we're looking for Justin Bieber, would you mind telling us where he's recording/writing at?" I asked the lady at the front desk.

She expressionlessly looked up from her papers, pushed her glasses up a bit, and eyed us.  "Sorry, no Bieber here today," she lied, and then she resumed looking at her paperwork.

Ah, she assumes we are crazy fans looking to meet him.  "Listen, we aren't fans, I'm Katy, Katy Mantell, Justin's girlfriend," I said, lowering my voice a bit.  I've been cautious of everything I say and do ever since what happened earlier today.

She chuckled.  "Sweetie, nice try, but there's no Justin here, and you're not his girlfriend," she replied.

Even though she was still looking down at her papers, I flashed an "are you kidding me?" facial expression.  Apparently this woman doesn't do her Bieber research.  "Look, get Scooter, Mama Jan, Pattie, anyone that may be here with Justin, even Justin himself, and they'll tell you that I'm his girlfriend," I sternly said.  I took my phone out of my pocket and brought up a picture of Justin and I.  "Here, here's proof," I said, holding my phone up to her.

She looked up and quickly looked at the phone, and then looked me straight in the eye.  "You're good. And your photoshopping skills are superb. But you're not getting past me. You two are just another couple crazed fans. Sneaky ones at that," she replied, full of attitude, and then she resumed looking at her damn papers.

I felt like knocking the glasses off her face and throwing the paperwork across the room.  "She, *points to Adelaide* is just a friend. I'm here to introduce her to Justin. She can even tell you that I'm Justin's girlfriend," I said.

I didn't even have to nudge Adelaide for her to get the hint.  "Yeah, Katy here is Justin's girlfriend. Apparently, you need to read more gossip magazines, go on the internet, and watch TV, 'cause m'am, IT'S EVERYWHERE," she said to the lady, all snooty like.  I wanted to high-five her, but I forced away my urge.

"I'm calling Mr. Braun and asking," the lady said, bratty-like.

"You go right ahead," I replied, bratty-like too.

She dialed a number on the phone that was beside her.  "Hello Mr. Braun, we've got a girl out here claiming to be Justin's girlfriend. Her supposed name is Katy, she has dark brown wavy-like hair," she began explaining.  I seriously wanted to bust out laughing, and I could tell Adelaide wanted to and was about to.  I swear I heard Scooter laugh hard from the phone.  The lady's face suddenly turned pale, and then it became red as ever.  Scooter must've told her that I am Justin's girlfriend.  This time, Adelaide and I did laugh out loud.  The lady hung up shortly after.  "Recording Room 3," she quietly said, her blush still all over her face.

We walked to the room, and we were about to knock on the door, but we noticed the recording light was on.  "He's recording!" I excitedly exclaimed to Adelaide, and I pushed my ear up against the door.

"-Playing for the king, playing for the title. I'm surprised you didn't hear this in the Bible. I'm so tight I might go psycho, Christmas time so here's a recital. I'm so bad like Michael, I know I'm still young but I go, I go. Stupid, stupid, love like cupid, I'ma drummer boy so do it do it," I heard him... rap?  He's modernizing "Little Drummer Boy" alright.