School

Lilly's Pov

When I wake up, the sun blinds my eyes, and I realized that I'm on the roof. I climb down, and into my room. Demi calls for breakfast after I get dresses. Great, I sigh. "Sup weirdo?" Demi asks "What was that noise upstairs?" I lie "I was sleepwalking." Demi says "Ah you were, well I had a few people from the neighborhood called and said there was this child sleeping on my roof." "Oh, wow very odd." I say showing no doubt in my lie. Demi raises her eyebrows, and she serves me breakfast. It's oatmeal, and I don't want her to be mad so I eat it. "Good girl," Demi says smiling. "Now go off to school! Have a great day," she says hugging me. "Good girl, so now I'm a good girl!?" I say. "You better stop with that attitude, young lady," Demi snaps. "Ugh your so. Oh, whatever!!" I say with anger. I run out the door to the train where I meet Riley. "Demi's so, so!" I say. "Aw she's so nice! You're so lucky to have a mom like her," Riley says. "She can be so bossy, and she's so mean sometimes. I wish she wouldn't have adopted me and ahh!" I say as I run out of the subway with screaming teens/kids, and cameras following us. "I never thought Cameramen would be the cause of my death." I say as I run beside Riley. We head on the train, and it moves, and I stumble backwards into a boy's arms. It's Lucas. "Hi," I say. "Hi," he says. Oh god, how do I get myself out of this? "Okay why are you people following me.. I'm 13" I say raising my hands with frustration. "I'm not following you," he says. "Oh sorry, I thought you were people with camera's and phones trying to kill us or trying to make us death!" I say. Why are people following and wow I swear I can't hear through my left ear. "Oh okay," Lucas says, and I climb out of his lap and walk over to Riley."That was torture." I say. "He's my boyfriend by the way," Riley says. "Riles it was an accident," I say. "Oh okay," Riley says smiling. Finally we arrive at school. I bite my lip... They deserve eachother.. There perfect. But it hurts. We finally arrive at school and enter our classroom and sit down. Mr. Matthews walks in and says, "Sorry I'm late class. Now we have a new student today, his name is Zay." A guy walks into the room and says, "Hey, oh hey Lucas!" Lucas buries his head into his hands, "Hi Zay," he says. "Check out them grades. Here, let me sing 'em to you. De, de, de, de, de de f." Zay says. " Yeah, I know that song." I say with a smile. " Isaiah Babineaux. From Austin, Texas." Mr Matthews reads a note." What are you doing here, Zay?" lucas ask. "Well, the first thing I'm doing is waitin' for a better reaction from you." Zay says. Riley looks at me with fear in her eyes and says " Maya, something's changing." "Okay, Mr. teach, where do I sit? You know, usually I'm more of a back row kind of guy." Zay says. "Have a seat right there, Mr. Babineaux" Mr Matthews says. "Lucas, do you know this Isaiah?" Riley asks. "Yeah, tell' em you know me good." Zay says. "How 'bout we talk later, okay?" Lucas says. "Well, Mr. Babineaux, if you work out as well as last year's new student, we're happy to have you. Wait." Mr Matthews says. "What? Lucas, you're doing okay here?" Zay asks surprised. "Why wouldn't he be doing okay here?" Riley asks. "Not currently on probation? No disciplinary action? They just let you wander free?" Zay asks. "Sit down! Okay, new guy's all settled in and there's still class time left. So, do it! Do it while I'm still tingly!" Farkle says eager to learn about the stupid Belgium. "So, in 1831, Belgium declared" Mr Matthews said before getting cut off my Yogi and he says "what is the secret of life? I'm sorry, Mr. Farkle. I know I'm not your daughter, but I too have value in this world. What is the secret of life" Yogi says. "Don't do it. Put that eraser down and nobody gets hurt." Farkle says. "Yogi has asked the primary riddle of the universe: What is the secret of life? People spend their whole lives trying to figure it out. I was lucky. I had a teacher who cared enough about me to make sure I knew. Lucas. You got an opinion on this? Mr Matthews asks. "Yeah. What do you got, Mr. moral compass?" I ask adding to the fire. "Did you just call Lucas Friar your moral compass? They called you moral compass." Zay says in sock. "Something bad is happening, Maya" Riley says. "Yeah. It occurs to me you're trying to tell us ranger Rick was a little different back in Texas" I say. " A little? What do they know, exactly? 'Cause I wouldn't wanna say anything wrong. They know you're a year older, right?" Zay says. He lied.. The boy I trusted lied. But it's' Lucas there is a good reason he did.. "Yeah." I say. "Now they do. Oh, yeah, it's my fault. Look at ya!" Zay says. "Okay, that's enough, Mr. Babineaux. Oh, so you know about him?" Mr Matthews says. "I know all about Mr. Friar." Mr Matthews says. "Excuse me?" Riley says shaking. "Riley, you're shaking." I said. "Dad? You know something?" Riley asks with sock all over her face. "Back in Texas I did something. I had to leave." Lucas said. "It was great! I mean, they threw him out of the whole school! " Zay said. "What?" Riley said. "I came here to get a new start. Nobody knew me here." Lucas said. "I know him." Zay says raising his hand." Do I know you?" Riley said... The bell rings and we walk to the lunch aria. I didn't pick anything I didn't want to eat so we went at our lunch table and I said "Look, we don't know the story yet. Let's know the story before you go to Rileytown." "I'm not going to Rileytown. I'm calm." Riley says.