zéro

A/n: that's how Luke looks in the book ^^

Luke's pov.

Finding your soulmate is something people think about everyday. The person you have an immediate connection with at first sight, a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you can't explain. A feeling of calmness and joy when they are around you. You feel their pain, you get the same burns, bruises, and cuts as the other. Some people say at night when you sleep, if your soulmate is awake you can see what they are doing, but i never remember my dreams. It makes me wonder if my soulmate will ever show. I often find myself thinking about how I'll meet my soulmate. Both my brothers found their soulmates at a young age, i'm now 20 and still feel the other half of me missing.

When i was old enough to pick up a pencil, i've been sketching my soulmates face. The older i got, the more detail flowed onto the paper, but still not enough.

I was about 16 when the bruises and scrapes started to appear on my pale skin. I couldn't help but worry. My mother told me they were the bruises of my soulmate, they were so dark and painful some days it even hurt to get out of bed or move.

I was always listening to other people's stories of how they met their soulmate, how amazing it was. I want that to happen, I wanted to have a story to tell. Most people don't find their soulmate after 19.. I felt there was still hope, as soon as I was 19 I moved to America. I could still feel that connection, I still do now. The feeling was so warm in my heart, burning so bright I knew I couldn't stop looking.

I remember the day I told my mom I was moving away from Australia. She pulled me into an embrace I miss so much.

I had a suit case, my guitar, plane ticket, and money from my college fund. I was leaving my life there, my family and friends to move to where I had nothing, although it felt right. I did it for my soulmate.

----

"Come on Luke!" Michael continuously pounded on my apartment door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I mumbled knowing he wouldn't hear me, I moved my legs over the side of the bed. It's was late Saturday night and I couldn't remember falling asleep. My bare feet padded across the cold wooden floor and I walked to the front door that revealed an impatient Michael.

"Jeez, took you long enough. Been out here for ages." He grumbled, pushing past me and walking into the kitchen.

Michael was my first friend when I moved to New York, he's an open book. He's 22 just a bit older than I am. His soulmate died (a/n: not calum) but he never bothered to tell me how. I knew it was a touchy subject for him so I didn't ask. Michael gave me advice, I know he disapproves of my desperation in finding my soulmate. He would probably say I was conceited to think about my soulmate when I don't even know who they are. Then again, he was in this position at some point too.

"Shut the fuck up, Clifford." I rubbed my eyes, pushing the door shut Lazily following Michael.

"That's thirty dollars for the swear jar," Michael mumbled mouth full of pizza.

"Thirty?" I raised my eyebrows, "since when is there a swear jar?"

"Just now."

"Says the one who swears all the time. I'm not putting thirty dollars in a jar." I laugh, Michael giving me a serious look.

"Well why not?"

"That money will find its way into your pocket and you'll spend it on something you don't need."

"Ah, you know me so well." He smiled, "what are you doing sleeping, we got a gig in like an- holy shit your arms."

I looked down at my arms, realizing I wasn't wearing a long sleeve. The black and blue morphed together to create the illuminating bruises lining my pale arms.

"These," I point at the bruises, "Aren't mine. They're my soul mates." My voice came out aggravated and quiet, knowing I had explained this to Michael the first time we met.

Michael must have noticed because he didn't say anything else, just nodded.

I wish I knew what my soulmate was doing because I'm getting the repercussion  of it all. I don't think I could cope if something happened to my soulmate, I don't even know how Michael holds up.

It's harder than you think when you have bruises appearing on your skin. I got used to them after a while, it was a normal thing for me to see bruises and scrapes on my skin.

"Okay," Michael cleared his throat the tension obvious. "Well you should probably start getting ready we have to leave at 10."

Mental note taken; I have to wear a long sleeve shirt today.

----

A/n: HIII I'm super excited for this book, I'll be writing chapters for it soon.

Question: what do you think happened to Michaels soulmate? It's not Calum, don't worry he's still alive.

A: hm idk guess we will find out.