1

Calum

My life was always anything but ordinary. I had two parents that spent their lives working at home, a sister that worked at a local radio station and had me on her channel every once in a while, and I went to high school. There were times where I wanted to drop out, where I figured that I could go on with my life, starting a band or becoming a soccer player. Except due to my luck, (I have none), I was stuck being a bored  teenager who spent most of their time on the Internet.

'You're always on Wattpad.'

"Why do you have six Instagram accounts?'

'You're eventually going to speak like Tumblr Users if you keep using that app.'

'What the fuck is a vine?'

It was questions like those that my parents consistently asked. They pressured me into getting a job at one point, and I ended up spending my weekdays working at an amusement park, operating rides. It was the worst job on the planet. Not only was it because I hate people, but it's because there's so many things you need to pay attention to, and my boss is a complete jackass. He complains about the staff not working hard enough, yet most of the time, he just sits on his ass and licks his donut covered fingers and watches us all die from a heat stroke because it's hot all the time.

My life went from being completely and utterly boring to incredibly busy and hardly ever having time for anybody because my schedule is booked. You see, I go to school, and I get out in the afternoon and immediately head to work. And on Saturday mornings, I spend time volunteering at an animal shelter because I really care about them, and it's fun to play with the puppies, even if it's a lot of work. On Sunday's, I join my sister for her end of the week podcasts, where we just end up cracking jokes and making people listening to our channel laugh. I was and am a busy guy.

But in my free time, I was just like every other teenager. I'd procrastinate sleeping because I had a thing for watching every single vine on my feed, or making sure I read every text post that was on Tumblr, or reading a phanfiction until I fell asleep. Yeah, that's right, I ship Phan. Fucking sue me.

That wasn't the only thing I did when I was procrastinating, though. I'd often stalk my celebrity crush, Michael Clifford, and watch all of the videos escaping through the Internet that people have posted of him and his band. There was one thing that everyone knew about Michael, and it was that he had a lot of groupies. With a voice like that and guitar skills as amazing as his singing, he could get any girl or guy he wanted.

I always wanted to be a groupie, for some reason. It sounded fun, but at the same time, exhausting. Because he was just a person trying to get laid, and I was just a person trying to have a little bit of free time.

I'm hardly ever free.

"Breakfast is on the table, Calum, and the RTD comes in half an hour, so I suggest you eat quickly."

Oh, another thing, my parents were too lazy to drive me to school, and I was too lazy to walk. I mean, I go to the gym at two in the morning after our podcasts and use a lot of the strengthening equipment for muscle, and I do a lot of cardio as well. So I'm pretty fit. But when it comes to walking to school, that's something I will not do. I don't need random people catcalling me because my arms look nice from another point of view. So, I take the public bus, and even though it's possibly one of the worst things in the world, I could care less.

Because I'm not that special.

"Thanks, mum."

"Yeah, oh, and your sister called. She said to stop by at her place after work because she has a surprise for you."

"Great, thanks."

I was used to surprises, things that usually meant that she was hiding something from our parents and needed to show me or tell me about it. It's kind of hysterical, really.

And just like that, I drifted away from my parents house and sighed as I began waiting for the public bus. Life would be so much easier if I was living somebody else's life. If I could be more than just some stupid high school student who's addicted to the Internet.

If I could just wake up and smell the damn roses. Yeah, that'd be kind of nice. But it'd never happen.