Chapter 12:Broken Hearts Never Heal

Isabella.

I took a breath a I approached the cold Hotel lobby

I took a breath a I approached the cold Hotel lobby. I fixed my sunglasses and made my way to the front desk. Once I approached the young Caucasian man who was behind the reception desk.

"Hi"I smiled causing him to look up from the computer.

"Sorry, Welcome to Home Inn how can I help you"he asked.

"I' m here for Carter Jackson, he's my fiance"I said and he typed some stuff in the computer.

"Umm, Isabella"he asked and I nodded. He reached in his desk and gave me a room key.

"He's in the penthouse suit"he instructed. I took the key and headed into the nice sized elevator.I pressed the button to the penthouse and waited,every floor it landed on I grew more and more nervous. Carter's mother was dead and as much as I hated him right now, I know he needs me. Once the elevator door open I stepped over and slid the key card in the door.

I opened the door and the place looked a mess clothes and food were everywhere and broken glass covered the floor. I closed the door behind me and slowly walked inside. I carefully walked through the house and saw Carter laying on the bed with a blunt in his left hand.

"So this is how you cope "I said folding my arms over my chest and he looked at me.His face was flushed with pan and his puffy low eyes made me even sadder for him.

"Carter"I called walking over to him and sitting on the bed.

"She was 64 years old, she never hurt anyone. Even though her and Slim never seen eye to eye she loved all her kids. For her to - she bleed to death.She choked on her own blood"his sentences where choppy as he stared at the blank television. He shook his head and grabbed the bottle of Remy Martin taking it to his lips.

"Carter that's not good for you "I said grabbing the bottle and throwing it away.

"Bella, man just leave me alone "he said and I shook my head.

"Carter, your mother would be kicking your ass right now. Bre needs you, she lost her granny and her daddy isn't answering the phone."I sat next to him and he looked into space with tears trickling down his face.

"Carter, it's okay to cry "I said wiping his tears and he just broke down in my arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rubbed his back as he cried into my chest.

Christopher.(Slim)

(Slim)