#1 . I Never Noticed

I felt the hot tears slowly roll down my cheeks. My hand quickly brushed them away; it's selfish of me to cry. I looked across the small chapel to see her parents huddled together in comfort, her mothers shoulders shaking. This is all my fault.

The girl I love, now as cold as a snowflake and as white as the clouds in the sky. Her beautiful fawn hair cascading down her shoulder, the white flowing dress clinging to every curve of her body. Why only now am I confessing my love?

"I'm so sorry, Kaelyn. I-if I had known...I wouldn't have-"

"Lucas?" I pivot quickly to face the woman who called my name. "You've been standing there for a while, hun. Is everything alright?"

"Of course everything is not alright. She's dead. We should be together but instead I'm having reruns of what cou- should have been." The tears stream down my face.

"It's okay, Lucas. It's okay to cry. It shows so many emotions."

My fingers flex, this isn't a flamin' psychology class. She isn't a problem, she is nothing. She is now a corpse full of faded memories. I glare at my Mum with so much force she had to take a step back, I forgot to apologise.

***

Author's Note:

You have no idea how much I like your Votes.
How much your Comments make me smile.
How much I love you reading my Book.
How much you mean to me ❤️

***

© All Rights Reserved 2017.