#4 . I Decided

NOTE
Some readers my find this chapter triggering.

***

It was a long day at school, full of pitiful smiles and anxious glances from everyone around me. The weight of her dragging me down. By 3:00 my back had almost snapped. Her presence was missed, chairs empty, her friends were silent.

That was when I decided. I decided that I would let the past consume me, my mind, my body; every blood cell and small bone. I would let her love surround me. 'I LOVE KAELYN MOORE!' I would shout to no one but everyone at the same time. I would shout it for her.

***

The house was empty and dark with only the natural glow coming through the windows. Placing my bag against the wall closest to the door, I began to scan the photographs collected on top of shelves and walls.

Images of my life, my family and my friends filled my head. But only one stayed.

Her's.

I walked down the dark hallway and entered the bathroom. I fumbled through the drawers until I found what my hands desired.

***

The streets were empty. Families were inside eating, playing board games, talking with one another. I sighed as my back hit the cool grass and stared up towards the sky. For several moments I thought I saw her smile in the stars, but I passed it as nothing. Closing my eyes memories flooded my mind,

I ran back towards her. That scream wasn't heartbreak, it was pain. I knew something was wrong; I felt a part of it.

I slipped around the corner of the house, stopping directly in front of her,
"No. No, what have you done, Beautiful?"

I lifted my hand to her cheek and felt her press against it. My other hand gripped her left hand, while her right gripped the handle of the steak knife. Blood stained her blue dress. "I love you so much." She smiled.

***

I lifted myself from the ground and made my way to the wooden swing, my heart in my throat. She was there. Sitting in the small swing. Red lips, blue dress and all. I sat beside her. "I love you too." I whispered, voice cracking.

I gripped the cut-throat razor tightly in my hand. "I love you so much." The blade leaves a trail of red against my wrist. I almost don't feel the pain. But I felt her kiss. My arms coiled around her waist and I pressed her small frame against me, I was too afraid to let go. "I love you so much..."

***

Author's Note:

You have no idea how much I like your Votes.
How much your Comments make me smile.
How much I love you reading my Book.
How much you mean to me ❤️

***

© All Rights Reserved 2017.