#2 . I loved her

The ceremony was slow and almost unmoving. People cried, I shook my head at every description of her. It was a funeral that no one cared enough to think of what she would want.

I used the time to think of what Kaelyn would have wanted. White lilies should be placed on every button hole, her dress should have been blue with yellow flowers embroidered into the bottom. Her hair down with curls tangled at the front, she was being remembered for things she never did or was.

Outside was were everyone spoke in whispers, gossiping of someone living, someone able to do unspeakable things that were worth reciting. "What is this?" I mumble under my breath.

The leaves crumbled under my feet as I made my way to the red Ute parked across the street.

"Lucas!" A low growl formed in the back of my throat.

"Yes?"

"I wanted to tell you, that she loved you." I looked up towards the boy who stood by the girl I loved everyday. Never failing her.

"She loved me." I repeated in a whisper. It still doesn't feel real. That someone would love me.

"Yes, and I know you didn't love her but thanks for being here today. It would mean a lot to her."

"Excuse me?" I glower. I loved her, I do love her.

"What? Oh, you...I'm sorry. I just assumed-"

"Yeah, well don't." I spat, pivoting and heading towards my car again. The cool leather helped but I still couldn't contain my anger. I screamed in frustration before banging my hands against the wheel. Why am I so hung up on myself?

***

Author's Note:

You have no idea how much I like your Votes.
How much your Comments make me smile.
How much I love you reading my Book.
How much you mean to me ❤️

***

© All Rights Reserved 2017.