Chapter Seven: Revelations, Confessions And Rage

AN: It's getting longer these days and a little mess up too. Hope you still like it, as I strongly believe that once characters become alive in a story, they make they own path on it. Weird right? Still, very true to me. I have very different plans for this story, yet all that was thrown away by things that felt right at a particular time. Sorry, I'm that kind of an idiot writer. New characters are introduce here.

^_^

Takigawa

"Was it a good idea to allowed Naru and Mai to stay alone in their state?" Takigawa asked with concern, looking at the closed door of what he assumed was Naru's bedroom where he has taken Mai with him. He wasn't exactly worry about things young people were tempted to do when alone, both Mai and Naru were in no shape for such things. He worries because they were too exhausted and Naru has obviously used too much power in a short amount of time. Last time he did something similar he almost gets himself killed in the process. What if Naru pass out or worse? While the others ponder about his question, he thought of the events that unfolded a few minutes ago.

Few Minutes Ago

"I love you too..." He whispers to her when they separate for air. Whatever he has experience a nightmare or a vision, that true remains the same and he no longer have the luxury of denying it. Now he only need to make sure he doesn't lose what he so desperately needed to keep living and he will not lose her a second time no matter what.

Maybe it was because of the impression the vision has left on him or the horrible pain and despair he has experience watching her die, that he impulsively kissed her again with more controlled emotions this time. He didn't want to scare her, she has already more than enough of that for one day, yet he needed to take out all those repressed feeling before it could be too late.

This time he makes sure Mai was the one taking control of their kiss, as he wanted to know how willing she was with a potential relationship with him. After the way he has kissed her and openly tell her he loved her, she could not have any doubts of what he felt for her or perhaps he was expecting too much. Still, she was perhaps more willing than he expected, as her kiss was beginning to heat up, as well as the rhythm of his heart, which was beating like crazy inside his chest. He wasn't sure for how long they kissed and all he could focus on at the moment, was in giving his girl what she demanded. Everything else was out of his reach, as he let instincts took over him until a familiar pull on his mind barely caught his attention.

"You do realize you are being watched, right Noll? You two are still at the disaster zone you made, along with the rest of the team. You know them right? The crazy adults you work with? Did you forget them?" Gene said laughing at him and Naru suddenly froze, remembering they were not alone, stopping their kiss in an instant and breathing some air in the process. Although they only kissed, it was a good thing he did not feel shame, but Mai face was ablaze beyond anything he has seen so far and he reluctantly looked at the surprised people around them. The monk and the priestess were simply open-mouthed, Lin looked greatly amused by the show of emotions and Yasuhara was smiling like he has seen a revelation of magnificent proportions. His usual cold mind was making his way in and ignoring the others he stood up along with Mai and took her hand on his, just to make sure she was still with him. Like it or not, the vision was too fresh on his mind and so his inner fears as well.

"I will leave the planning for tomorrow visit to the Nanasaki family up to you, Yasuhara. Can you do it?" Naru asked the other young men not really caring if he agrees or not. He was too exhausted for spending the little energy he has left to talk with Mai, with other matters.