After the Rain's Two-Day Live in Ryougoku Hall (7/16 & 7/17) - Live Report

Soraru and Mafumafu's unit, "After the Rain" had a one-man live on July 16 and 17 in Tokyo, in the Ryougoku Hall.

[In] this one-man live, they had released their album, "Clock Crest Story" last April. The entitled lives for July 16, "Morning Glow," and July 17, "After Glow" was [finally] performed. In this report, we're [going to] report about the pattern in the "After Glow" performance last [July] 17. (T/N: "pattern" is used as "set list". But the line, "about the pattern" meant something like, telling the reader about what exactly happened in the live-giving out exact details.)

The beginning of the live was decorated with first song, "Ouka ni Tsukiyo to Sode Shigure (The Cherry Blossom in the Moonlit Night and the Drizzled Sleeve)" in the album, "Clock Crest Story". The concert began as soon as the pink-colored pen lights in the guest seats were lit up, [and] the venue had an amazing mood. After that, the performance of "Moumoku Shoujo to Grisaille (The Blind Girl and Grisaille)" [and] "Sei ni Sugaritsuku (Clinging to Life)" succeeded and Soraru unintentionally grumbled "I'm tired," and Mafumafu [said], "[there are] still three songs!" and [they] immediately put on a Tsukkomi and on stage, they laughed. (*T/N: "Tsukkomi" actually more of means "straight man". But this sentence meant, "they put up a straight man on stage and everyone laughed".)

After that, Soraru and Mafumafu, each had a solo performance. Soraru sang "Machibouke no Kanata (Beyond Waiting in Vain)" with plenty of feelings at the top of his lungs, while Mafumafu sang a cover of a VOCALOID song, "Ghost Rule". The audience was pleased with the song selection because of the best characteristic [they both applied/had]. Again, another two-person performance was presented [and they sang], "Ringo Hanabi to Souda no Umi (Apple Tree Fireworks and the Sea of Soda)", then, Soraru and Mafumafu wore a summer yukata when they entered the stage. Afterwards, the acoustic corner expanded then, a red Japanese-style umbrella was placed below a bench the two people sat on then [they] sang two songs, "Ikanaide (Don't Go)" [and] "Saezuri (Chirp)".

Mafumafu sang, "Kokoronashi (Somehow)", and Soraru sang, "Ai no Sample (Sample of Love)" then, both solo songs were intertwined till the end. Mafumafu said loudly, "It was fun!" then the two people sang, "Never-Ending Reversi", [and] the audience felt [a sudden] tension. Among the great success, they ended the live with the song, "I Sleep Well", which decorated the album.(T/N: the adjective, "decorated," was used to explain I Sleep Well's popularity and how it's the 'mostly played' song in the album OR TO SAY, that it's mostly everyone's favorite.)

Then there was an encore for the two people in whom they wore cat ears and [cat] glove paws as they entered [the stage]. [There was] a grand yellow cheer inside [the hall] and they sang two songs that Mafumafu worked on, "Super Nuko World" [and] "Super Nuko ni Naritai (I Want to Become a Super Cat)" [and it made] all the fans excited. Finally, they conveyed the feeling of gratitude [to everyone] since they were able to hold a live in a big stage in Ryougoku Hall and they sang their last song, "Sekaishikku ni Shounen Shoujo (Worldsick Boys and Girls)" which everyone's voices collided loudly [and it] lead it to their finale for their 2-day performance in Ryougoku Hall.

----

T/N: "Tsukkomi" is more of the "other pair" in one particular Japanese comedy act called "manzai". And the other pair is called "Boke" which is the "funny guy". The Tsukkomi is the one who mostly reacts to the Boke's jokes.

source: natalie.mu (website & twitter- natalie_mu)