I'm the Alpha's Mate? Whaaat?!

Chapter one:

Rosie's POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Be-CRASH. Ugh stupid alarm clock. I thought as I looked down at where I had shoved it onto the floor. Hmmm, what's the time? I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was 3am. I smiled, perfect time for a early morning run before I had to get ready for school. Ok, a few things you might want to know about me. 1- I have golden brown curly hair that goes down to my shoulder blade. 2 - I have ice blue eyes. 3 - I am athletic with curves in all the right places and lightly tanned skin. 4 - I'm a werewolf. Yes, you heard right, I'm a werewolf. And if you hadn't already caught on, I'm a girl. 5 - my wolf has jet black fur (I have no idea why...) and my ice blue eyes. And 6 - I'm mateless. They say that when you find your mate - you know. They say you will fall deeply in love with them before you can blink. And I don't have one. I sighed and shake my head to clear it of these depressing thoughts. I got out of bed and brushed my hair quickly. I padded quietly barefoot out of my room and towards the door, trying to not wake my parents. I made it to the door and quickly opened it and stepped outside, closing the door behind me. Out of my parents and I, I was the only werewolf. But my grandmother was a werewolf so I suppose that's were I get it from. I walked into the woods that made the backyard fence. I sniffed to see if there was a lack nearby. None. If there was and I got caught, I would be in deeep shit. When I researched werewolves I learnt that they are very territorial and don't treat loners and rogues nicely. I shifted to my wolf form. I shook out my fur once before I started jogging further into the woods. I loved exploring. It was my favorite thing to do. We had moved here yesterday and I hadn't had a chance to explore the woods yet. I smiled a wolfy grin as I turned left, following the sound of a stream. Within a minute I had reached it. It looked pretty, I thought absent-mindedly as I padded over to it and started drinking. It tasted wonderful, the taste of pure water, not that stuff that comes from taps and bottles. A breeze rose, wafting gently towards me. I froze in the action of bending my head for another gulp. Wolves. I lifted my head and sniffed the air intently. No, I thought as my eyes widened, WEREwolves. Even worse! My body immediately crouched into a defensive stance. I sniffed again. 5 of them. My eyes darted around, looking into the shadows infront of me and to the sides. I knew that they knew that I knew that they were there. They stepped forward and my eyes widened further. They were huge!! I was only half as tall as them! One of them stepped towards me. I immediately knew that he wasn't alpha - beta maybe? 'Name!' he barked. I felt my fur bristle slightly. I did NOT like being ordered around. I stood but straight, glaring at him. 

'Rosie.' I hissed. He was taken aback by my attitude, I noticed smugly. 

'Get the Alpha!' he barked at one of the wolves. 

Oh shit. What had I gotten myself into?! I had to go, like NOW! So I distracted them, by picking my ears and lifting my head to look behind me. I let my facial expression become one of absolute horror. They all turned around to see what I was so scared by, and I turned and bolted in the direction I hope I had come from. 'Hey!' one of them yelled. 

I pulled my ears flat against my head and lowered myself to the ground, keeping to the shadows in the hope that I would blend. I saw a small lake to my left so I veered towards it. I splashed through it so that they would loose my scent. As I neared the edge, I bunched my back leg muscles and sprang onto a low hanging branch of a tree. From there, I jumped onto a higher branch from the next tree until I was high off the ground. I then shifted into human form. Luckily, when I shift to human my clothes appear! I stayed as still as I could, watching the lake. Soon, five - no, SIX wolves appeared at the edge of the lake, their noses close to the ground. I waited, my heartbeat accelerating. They waded through the lake and sniffed the ground at the waters edge. One of them, the alpha I'm guessing, lifted his head and looked around. He was so handsome! His fur was the same jet black as mine, and his eyes (from what I could tell) were golden with a tint of brown. His scent drifted up to me. I sniffed. He smelt the the forest - dirt, trunks, branches, leaves, bushes and plants. It was the most beautiful smell I'd ever come across! 'Mate.' my wolf growled. I was shocked. My mate was the alpha! Suddenly, he looked up, making eyes contact with me.