Chapter 6

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

Amos sat up, and I glared at him (I was sitting cross legged in front of him) and pushed him back down.  He glared back, and tried to sit up again. “The doctor told you to stay still!” I insisted, pushing him back down.

“The doctor said I should be fine after an hour!” he told me, frowning slightly as he sat up.

“It’s only been half an hour!”

He groaned, falling back onto the bed with a thump. “It’s not that bad being stuck in here with me for an hour; is it?” I asked softly, allowing my eyes to water as I turned my head.

Hey, what can I say; I was bored. I saw him stiffen in my peripheral vision. “No! It’s not that! It’s just…” He protested, trailing away as he couldn’t find the words.

I stood, sniffling slightly and rubbing my eyes with my arm. “It’s alright, I’ll just leave…” I trailed off, turning my back and walking to the door, sniffling.

“Rose…” he groaned.

“She’s right. She should leave.” The annoyingly high pitched voice couldn’t be missed.

My head snapped around and I growled. She was sitting on his window sill, inspecting her nails. She looked at me and flipped her bleach blonde hair.  She was wearing a bra and a realllllly short skirt; so short I could see her underwear. I scrunched my nose up as the scent of her perfume hit me. I gagged, ”geez, woman! Overdose on the perfume! Even a skunk would run from that stink!” I exclaimed, slowly walking over to her until we were one meter apart.

She sneered, “And what are you wearing?”

“Clothes. You know; things that allows privacy and don’t flash everyone every time you move.”

She growled at me. I heard the sheets rustle. “Rose, Amy…” he sighed.

“Lie back down!” I snapped, concern washing over me briefly.

I didn’t want him to reopen his wounds. Seeing him covered in blood, and not being able to help, it had me shuddering. I didn’t care if he hated me for the way I was acting, I didn’t want him hurt again. Especially if I could prevent it from happening. He growled at me, glaring at me. “Don’t tell me what to do! I am an ALPHA! You are a loner! You will not order me about.” He snapped. “Now get out! Both of you!” He added as Amy sent me a smug look.

I bowed my head slightly to him, and left. I pushed back my tears, slowly plodding down the stairs. I walked out the front door, ignoring everyone else, and shut it softly behind me. I walked slowly home, already thinking. I didn’t matter how much he treated me like this, as long as he got better. I grinned, softly turning around and walking a round-about way to his window. He said ‘get out’ not ‘stay away from me’. I chuckled to myself and stared up at his house. His room was on the second story. I jumped up, latching onto the wall and climbing up. I peered into the first window. Bathroom. I moved along and peered into the next window. A random bedroom. Grr, I was getting frustrated. I looked into the next one. BINGO! Amos was sitting up on the edge of his bed, head in his hands. I rummaged around in my pocket and found a piece of paper and a pen. I quickly, before he saw me, scribbled, ‘lie down, please.’  I scrunched it up into a little ball and threw it at him, dropping from the window and running into a tree, quickly climbing it and peering out. I watched as he read the note, without interest at first, then his head snapped over to the window and his face lit up. He rushed over to the window and stuck his head out, mouth open as he scented the air. “Rose?” He called softly, looking around for me.

I stayed where I was, not moving. His face fell when I didn’t respond, or show myself. “I am so sorry for ordering you around and snapping at you. Please, please forgive me!” He whispered, his voice breaking slightly and he ran his hand through his hair, obviously agitated.  

I blew out a breath, my wolf howling at me to go to him. His head snapped up at the sound, and he scanned the trees carefully. He slowly opened his arms, face hopeful. I bit my lip, I couldn’t resist that. I jumped from the tree and through the window, slamming into him and tackling him to the ground. I braced my weight on my arms, so that I didn’t hurt him. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me onto him and burying his face in my neck, inhaling softly. “I really am sorry,” he murmured.

“It’s alright, I understand.” I whispered, rubbing my nose against his collarbone.

I loved his scent. It was amazing. I kissed his collar bone and he shuddered. I grinned and looked up at him, and saw him grinning down at me. I shifted up and kissed his lips softly. He licked my lower lip gently and I opened for him, letting him explore my mouth as he pleased. He growled happily and I shivered. I wished we could stay like this forever…

Sorry for the lateness! Major blockage… And I also apologise for the shortness, but this was all I could come up with. L Please comment and give me some ideas, coz the other chappies may be late if you don’t.