Chapter 1 | The First Meeting

Chapter 1: The First Meeting.
POVs: Draco/Hermione

• • •

Life for me was just too damn hard! With parents like mine, everyone seemed to be waiting for me to just join Voldemort any second and get that mark! I always knew that people didn't think that high of me, but never have I ever expected people to think that low of me!

It was just an ordinary miserable day, like all his others. Get up, think about my horrible future as a deatheater that my father planned, get through my lessons, and then repeat all over again the next morning. The day after the trip I had Umbridge, and I really hated that old hag! The worst part is that everyone thinks I like her, because she favours me.

It was the first week of October, and I was really not in the mood to deal with Pansy and the others. I made some excuse and got rid of them. I haven't been looking forward to this Hogsmeade trip, I haven't looked forward to any, since last year honestly.

I walked and walked without any real destination for about two hours, until I finally reached a little pub. It looked like nobody's in there for years, but I knew that it's still open. I always come here when I need to have my alone-time. The bartender might look very mean and all.... But he was really a nice guy, I happened to run into him a few years back.

Flashback

Draco was just trying to get everyone off his mind, he figured that a walk might help him. The snow kept getting thicker as he walked, but he had no intention of stopping. He was just worried about whether his dad will show up, when he faces the boggart with professor Lupin.

Even though he wasn't looking where he was going, his feet seemed to know where they were taking him. Draco was watching his feet, when his head suddenly hit a hard wall. Once he looked up, he realised that the wall was no wall at all.

Draco rubbed his head and muttered an apology accompanied with an explanation that he was lost in thought. The old man, let out a low chuckle, and it wasn't until then that Draco was able to look at him.