Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Joey

Its times like these, I wish my full powers had come on my 14th birthday like everyone else. But no, that didn’t happen; instead I got a bracelet that was full of my birthstone and seven different charms. Oh, let’s not forget Gozen, the plush toy that could fly and talk. Although that seems weird, because I never told anyone my birth month, and I have no living family members that I know of. So I have no idea who sent it to me, well let’s not dwell on the past. At the moment I have bigger problems, like the fact that Mr.Popstar t thinks he can get me to look his way, the fact that I have to perform a song for Mrs. Sarah that describes me or a song written by myself. And the fact that the Doctor called me to the office to tell me that I would or might lose my powers if I don’t have my full true powers by when the full moon raises.

            I walk into my English class; and I feel as if something isn’t right; so I begin to concsintrate my power into my right fist. As I turn to deliver the blow I stop short, Mr. Jareth was right in front of me with one of his crystal orbs in his hand, moving it around. I release and say, “Good morning, Mr. Jearth. Sorry for attacking you, it’s that you startled me.” He just smiled and he said to me, “Don’t you worry Michelle; I knew you meant me no harm. You just wanted to protect yourself. You look sad, what is the matter? Would you like to talk about it with me?” I smiled a bit at him, I was just about to say yes when you guessed it, Gabriel came in.

            I gave Mr. Jareth a sad smile and shook my head; I didn’t want to talk about my problems with him in the room. For all I knew he would try to help or somehow make my problem diaper. In hopes of me feeling grateful and throwing my self at his feet, or even worse use it to blackmail me into going out with him. It seemed that Mr. Jareth read the hesitation in my eyes once Gabriel walked into the room, “Miss Michelle , if you still need an opinion on your “novel”, feel free to see me after class, okay?” my English teacher said with a twinkle in his eye. Now I can understand how he got his love back after ten years of being apart.