Chapter 6

A.N.: I know it has been 84 years but, uhm, I've already written half of next chapter? Andddd it will have smut so, yeah, there's that. 

The meeting was held where all other pack’s meeting had been held before and that was at Nick’s place as he was the alpha of the pack and also the only one who lived on his own. Harry had left almost immediately when school had ended, bringing Louis along with him. As the beta of the pack, he didn’t want to risk it to be late. After all, the function held some responsibilities, one of them being supporting his alpha. So when Louis and Harry set foot in Nick’s flat, none of the other members were there yet but the alpha, of course.

“Oh, I see you’ve brought princess along? Why? Won’t he miss dance class or something. It would be a shame if he had to miss that for just a pack meeting. ” Nick winked as he opened the door to greet them and let them in.

“Watch it, baldy. You might lose some more hair if you keep working yourself up like that. Your hair line is receding already,” Louis gave him a deadly smile.

“As long as my ass isn’t the size of Canada like some people I know, I think I’ll manage.”

Before Louis could even fire back, Harry sighed, letting himself in saying, “Nick, Louis has every right to be here. He’s been targeted too by the creature, probably only because of us, so he should know what’s going on. Maybe he can even help.”

“Yes,” Louis instantly agreed, “so shut it baldy and let me through,” before making an ugly face at Nick.

“Louis,” Harry scolded, but as he saw Nick’s reaction, a rolling of his eyes like he was still a child and not in his twenties, he just shook his head, muttering, “I’m dealing with a bunch of toddlers here.” And he went to get a drink from the fridge.

*

Slowly the others too trickled in, all chatting and joking like it was just a meeting up with friends. It felt oddly normal, actually. Nothing like Louis had imagined. He vaguely recognised some girls from school, Harry having them point out sometime ago when he had explaining Louis who was part of the pack. While they, Leigh-Anne, Perrie, Jade and Jesy, would normally mingle and joke with the boys, they were currently all sitting, catching up near the left corner of couch, almost like it was their corner. The boys, Niall, Josh and Liam, on the other hand had all huddled together on the right side. Finally the four pups, all younger than sixteen, just sat in front of it on the rug, sometimes sneaking curious but pleased glanced at Louis. Everyone seemed to have his spot, the wolf hierarchy clear. Louis wondered if it were instinct for them to behave like this, to know their place.

As the alpha, Nick of course stood right before them, the leader of the pack, the head of the team, his right hand, his beta, was placed next to him, on his right side. This made that Louis, who was holding hands with Harry, started to think about what his place meant. Would the other werewolves, the pack members, think it meant something that he stood in front of them, next to their beta, like a, like a mate?

Did it mean something that he even attended this meeting? He knew Harry’s reason, saying Louis, you’ve become a target, it’s getting dangerous and you should be a part of this, you could help, but were those the real reasons, wasn’t there more behind it all, something Harry hadn’t told him? As far as Louis knew, Liam had never brought Danielle along when she used to be his girlfriend, even when the rogue alpha was still dangerously present, roaming around. So, what did Louis and Harry have that those two hadn’t had at the time. Sure, Liam had broken up with her only a couple of months afterwards, so they hadn’t been that serious- wait, was that it? Did Harry think that their relationship had become real serious? Was this his way of showing it? Did he brought Louis along this time, to present him to the pack as his, as his mate?

It made Louis think of, if he hadn’t know before, if he hadn’t accidentally seen Niall and Harry shift almost a year ago, and Louis and Harry still had ended up together, would this be the time, the cue for Harry to tell his secret? His new-found thoughts made his head spin.

Suddenly Nick cleared his throat and at the same time, the whole room fell silent in respect for their alpha, everyone’s attention directed at him, everyone looking up at their leader and making themselves ready to listen.

“The situation has gotten worse. It is now blatantly mocking us and even showing itself to the humans, trying to create fear and commotion. It’s playing with us, trying to get our attention.” Nick then looked next to him at Harry, “Harry, tell us what happened to your princess.”

“Yes. When I had been making my round this morning I found his trace all around Louis’ house, like it had been watching him. It, Of course, probably knows what Louis means to me and has done this wanting to provoke me. It wants to scare us. So I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone of your loved ones, mothers, brothers, comes home stinking like this beast.  It just wants to get our attention, I’m sure of it, but let’s make this sure. He’ll get what he wants.”

While the rest of the room breaks out in a nervous chatter, creating a loaded buzz that travelled the room, Louis just felt slightly angry with Harry for not having called out on Nick for calling Louis a princess. Well, he was thinking of that and, of course, that Harry had spoken very well. Powerful and full of authority, just like a beta supposed to. And if that had excited Louis, thinking it was very hot, then that was his secret only. Well, until he noticed Harry’s hidden cheeky smirk. Damn that werewolf nose for smelling his arousal.

Nick cleared his throat again, shutting up everyone. Even Louis could feel the power that that alpha beheld and he wasn’t even a werewolf, so he wondered how it felt like to them.

“Thank you, Harry. So, pack, I think there has to be a decision made on how we’d react. Do we attack? When? And, especially, how are we gonna catch that bastard?”