Chapter 5: Back To The Usual

I stood in the lunch line alone, with girls in front of me on their cell phones giggling. Being myself, I would usually eavesdrop, beacuse believe it or not, I find gossip quite intruiging. But I couldn't get what happened last night out of my head. It couldn't have been true, because he was the tough guy bullying "weak" girls like me. Maybe he just, was starting to fall asleep so he gradually starting lowering his head toward mine since we were laying on the grass. Wait, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't randomly fall asleep on top of me... awkward. 

But the real question was, did I like it?

Holy crap, I sound like a drama queen. Ew.

I soon got my lunch, and started heading toward the lunch table I sit at alone, when suddenly someone bumped into me, causing my ketchup and the school supposedly "healthy" french fries to fling onto my chest.

"Sorry." Someone behind me laughed. 

I turned around to see it was Alex. The one that almost kissed me, and the one I stayed up all night thinking about, purposefully managed to dump my own food onto myself. "What the hell?"

"Sorry Miss Leighton." He smirked, turning to his friends to laugh some more.

"I'm surprised someone who tried to kiss me on a starry night in the grass would do such a thing." I smirked back, pretty proud of my comeback.

"Trying to make yourself sound better than me, huh? It's sad you have to make up lies to try to get there. It's not like anyone's going to believe that. Why don't you go back to your well thought out dick jokes." He chuckled.

It felt like someone just stabbed me in the stomach. He knew everyone would believe him. God, I'm such a fool thinking people are going to believe me over the most popular jock in the school. I pretty much set myself up to look like a liar. 

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, my lip started to quiver, and tears started escaping from my eyes. I didn't even need to blink them out.

"Aww, poor--"

"Leave me alone!" I shouted turning around and nearly sprinting toward my table, to find out someone took my seat. And there were no more seats.

I leaned up agianst the wall, sliding down into a sitting position, on the hard tiled floor. The least I needed was a sore butt. 

I ate my lunch, and didn't look up once. I refused to show my crying face to the entire sea of people in the cafeteria. I took my napkin, and quickly wiped up the ketchup off of my shirt. It was stained red, so I put on my cheap green fleece jacket to cover it up. I felt like I was in a movie. There's always a victim that gets their lunch food spilled on them and there's always a friendless person sitting in the corner on the floor because there aren't anymore seats. I'm surprised they didn't cast me as that role. 

To be honest, I was pretty sad. I don't want to say heartbroken, because that sounds too sappy. But I really thought he was different. I really did.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter was kinda short! Anyways, I am so impressed that I already almost have 100 reads when I'm only on my fifth chapter! Thank youuuuuu. :) So you guys should comment what you think about Alex. You also should comment what you're going to be for Halloweeen, because I want to know what unique things you guys will dress up as! Me and my sarcastic star norski_66 are going to be nerds. :)