Falling...Falling...Falling

"And I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet" -Ed Sheeran, "Kiss Me"

••••••••••••••••••••••

"What's that even supposed to mean?" I asked as we drove past some historic building with fire damage in the roof.

"Well, you seem like the kind of girl who likes The Fray and The Script and Taylor Swift and Demi Lovato and Ed Sheeran and stuff. Not Wheatus." Harry shrugged.

"Okay, first of all, you just named all of my favorite artists. And second of all, Wheatus is a good band. I am a lover of all music."

"Oh really?"

"Mhmm."

"Sing a song for me," he said, turning the radio down until it was barely audible. I shook my head, eyes wide.

"No."

"Why not?" he pouted.

"I don't sing," I said, peering out the window at the artistic shop we passed, and then the cozy looking cafe that looked so homey, so small-town-y.

"Why not?! Singing is...like...it's....it's like...." He struggled to find words to describe it.

"It's not my thing."

"Well that's crazy. You must be an alien," he confirmed, nodding. I laughed.

"Yeah, mhmm, I'm an alien, Harry, you discovered my secret." Harry laughed as we started up a big hill, moving towards some old houses that had been converted into businesses.

This was weird. Harry had always been some god, an idol place on an altar. He was the unattainable prize, the subject of many girls' dreams. And here I was, sitting in his car, driving around our hometown. He was so popular, and I was so not, so how did I feel so comfortable with him?

"Why do you look so confused?" Harry's voice interrupted me from my thoughts.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your twirling your hair around your finger and staring at the dashboard like it contains the secret to life. I'm pretty sure you're confused about something."

I then became conscious of my fingers that were rapidly twirling my long blonde hair. Bad habit of mine.

"Just a bad habit. And, spoiler alert, the secret to life is carbon."

Harry smiled.

"What the hell is carbon?"

"It's this stuff thats made of this molecule stuff and it can link together and form chains and you are mostly made up of carbon." (A/N: thats literally the only thing i have learned in biology lol) I answered.

"Are you?"

"Am I what?"

"Are you mostly made up of carbon too? Or is it just me?"

There he goes again, making me laugh. Why is he so funny?

"All human beings, silly."

"Oh, ok. That makes sense," he said, smiling. I smiled and looked out the window at the Dairy Queen passing by.

"HEY!" I yelled. "Let's get DQ!"

"HEY!" Harry yelled in response. "Thanks for blowing out my eardrums!"

I giggle and smile sheepishly.

"Sorry," I nearly whispered.

"Well, now I can't hear you. Not with my newly acquired hearing loss."

"Oh, you big sissy."

Why is he so funny? Why is he so perfect? What is wrong with me so that I'm so comfortable with him?

Harry pulled into the nearly empty parking lot of Dairy Queen. When he stopped the car, I immediately opened the door and jumped out of the car, racing up to the door. I heard Harry chuckling from behind me.

The bell above the door jingled when I opened it. A blonde girl about my age sat behind the counter, tapping her perfectly painted pink nails against the counter and reading a menu upside down with a beyond bored look in her blue eyes.

"Hello, welcome to Dairy Queen, how can I help you," she said in a monotonous when she saw me. It was not a question.

"Um, can I get a small strawberry cheese quake blizzard?" I asked, walking up to the counter.

The bell above the door jingled again when Harry came in. He stood next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. The blonde's eyes lit up when she saw him.

"And for you, sir?" she asked, much more alive now. I rolled my eyes.

"I'd like a large chocolate lovers blizzard, please," Harry said. I stared at him.

"How can you eat all that?" I asked. Harry shrugged and chuckled.

The blonde rang up our receipt and handed us our blizzards. Harry and I sat down at a table in the back corner of the restaurant, where a window let in the afternoon light.

The sunlight warmed my shoulders and lit up the green of Harry's eyes. Those eyes. They were the purest green eyes i had ever seen. I was falling... falling... falling for his eyes.