Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven 

"Be nice, mother," Bianca warned her as she stood with her best friend April and watched as Rosalind came through the door. She looked tired, worn out and upset. Lauren hadn't shown up to be the flower girl, but that was okay. Rosalind had enough to deal with.

"Bianca, you are so beautiful," Rosalind hugged her sister as she lavished in her beautiful couture wedding dress that was a fit and flare. It hit all of Bianca's curves and came out in the bottom in a small train.

"Pregnancy certainly agrees with you," Agnes retorted at her daughter. "It's the one time in your life where you can gorge yourself in food and not worry about how much weight you've gained, and you've never looked bigger."

"Mom!" Bianca snapped and Agnes smirked at Rosalind.

"Back to being your sunny self, I see," Rosalind managed to say, too weak to battle with her atrocious mother.

"Well not that you would care, but the doctor has declared me cancer free," Agnes smirked at her. "I'm taking my second chance at life seriously, which includes staying away from people who make me miserable, which includes you, Rosalind."

"Well, I'm glad your treatments worked," she replied quietly. "You are after all still my mother, and no matter what you say, I still love and care about you." Agnes ignored her and basked in the glory of Bianca's day.

Rosalind put her emotions aside and decided to just concentrate on Bianca for that day. She was well into her fifth month of pregnancy, and breaking up with Lincoln had been enough for her to handle for one day. She regretted it fully, but she needed to do it.

Who was she kidding? Breaking up with Lincoln had been the biggest mistake she had ever made. She felt horrible hurting him like that. She took out her cell phone to phone him. He had come all the way from Texas to see her and she had just made him feel bad about himself. She regretted her words and she felt awful. She had become just exactly how her mother was. She had turned into her mother, hurting Lincoln. She dialled his cell phone, but there was no answer. She called his mother Lorna, who was completely short with her.

"I don't know where he is," Lorna spoke sternly. "I just know he's done with you, Rosalind. He'll be back for the birth of your baby. Don't call me until then, unless an emergency. Stop breaking my son's heart."

"I'm sorry," Rosalind cried, but Lorna slammed down the phone.

"You did this to me!" Rosalind shouted at her. "You've caused me to be this way!"

"It's my fault you are unattractive and overweight like your biological father?" Agnes snickered cruelly at her. "You are just one pathetic little girl. Thinking you could have a man of Lincoln Ainsworth's status. Well, it's good he has seen the light."

"I left him, you heartless witch," Rosalind cried, moving toward her mother. "All the emotional abuse you have subjected me to all these years! All your degrading and cruel comments about my weight, my looks and how you always made me feel I wasn't beautiful enough for anyone or anything. You never recognized how smart I was! Any of my accomplishments! I'm even carrying your grandchild now and you are still being abusive to me!"

"Because, Rosalind, you are ugly! You are fat! And you will never be beautiful!" Agnes snapped at her, and then she looked in disgust at her growing stomach. "Let's hope to God that innocent baby you are carrying is not a daughter or it looks more like Lincoln. I would hate for another child to look like you coming into this world!"

"How dare you!" Rosalind snapped, taking a champagne class sitting near her and throwing it at her mother's face. "How dare you."

"Rosalind!" her father appeared as Agnes started bitching about how her make-up was ruined for Bianca's day.