4

• Delaney's POV •

"I don't want to be seen with you at school."

"Why?"

"It sends a signal to those gossiping little shits that we're dating or something," Grayson said.

I held the phone between my ear and my shoulder as I folded laundry. "So? You drag them for whatever they say. That's what people do."

He laughed a raspy laugh. "Not me, baby."

My face formed into a million double chins, and the phone dropped out of my grip. Baby. I cringed.

I bent over to pick up the phone again. "Sorry about that."

"You like the nickname that much, don't you?" Grayson was practically smiling through the phone. I could just envision a smirk plastered across his face.

"No," I corrected, "I actually don't."

"Oh, sorry about that," he said. "Baby," he added.

"Grayson, stop it," I whined.

He laughed again. "You're cute."

"You don't even know me," I told him while putting my phone in its earlier position. "Oh, god," I muttered, noticing that half of my clothes were still wet. "Hold on, Grayson, I might have to call you back."

"Why?" He questioned.

"Cause my dad doesn't know how long it takes to dry the fucking laundry." I hung up and watched the phone glow a million times as he tried to call me back.

I didn't even return the call that night.

Sorry not sorry?

•••••

The next morning, I went straight to my locker after being dropped off at school. I opened it and the aroma of coffee filled the surrounding air.

Shit, I forgot about yesterday's coffee. Fuck.

I threw it away as I saw my locker close from the corner of my eye. What the hell?

After returning back from my oh so fun adventure to the trash can (also known as the motherland, mind you), I noticed a Post-It note on the locker door.

You didn't call back last night! :) - G

Oh god.

•••••

yoyoyooyoyoyoyoyo im trying my best to update this book as much as i can so that i can make up for the time that it was on "hold" yeh

anyways i hope y'all are still enjoying it

bc its about to get a bit more interesting.

- ash