Prologue

It was a dark and cloudy evening, and I looked out of the window. 'This weather really gets me down. Maybe Area 11 will cheer me up.' I said, as I reached out to my phone. I put on "All The Lights In The Sky" , Area 11's debut album, as I sat down in my beanbag and tried to relax.

"A music box, a lullaby, a restless sleep through an IV-HI, a whispered voice inside your mind. One day I will find you."

'Yeah right. As if. I don't even live close to Bristol, how am I supposed to ever find them? I mean, I was already lucky as hell to meet Pewdiepie irl, why can't I even meet my all-time favorite band?' I thought, as the song kept going on.

"I saw that you were lonely, too. Something broken inside you."

'Sparkles*, you have no idea.' I thought. 'No one knows just how lonely I am.'

Of course, I always have my friends, but something's missing. That thing is love. Now don't get me wrong, I've been in love a couple of times. Usually it being the most wonderful feeling. But it was obviously not meant to be, time and time again.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! My name's Mayu, although, my friends call me May. I'm 19 years old, and my sign is Aires! I wear necklaces all the time! I've been sad these days, and that's why I seem so boring, but I swear I'm not! I'm having a hard time since I've been in love not long ago. And that person is no longer in my life anymore. More on my love later! Let's continue our story!

'Mayu! Are you there?' I heard from my window. I got delighted by that voice. It was my best friend's Thomas's voice. (Actually, he's my best guy friend!) I walked to my window, and opened it. 'Thomas! What are you doing here so late?' I said to Thomas, who was standing on the sidewalk below me. It always felt weird talking to him this way, but it was fun nontheless! 'Yeah, sorry about that, I just couldn't wait until tomorrow!' Thomas said. 'Alright! I'll let you in in a sec!' I said, as I closed my window, and walked downstairs to open the door.

'Come in Thomas! Looks like you were just in time for the storm!' I said, as it started to rain outside. 'I have decided on my nickname!' Thomas said, as he walked into the kitchen with me. 'Well? What will it be?' I asked, as Thomas sat down and I got us some drinks. 'It'll be GamingJesus!' Thomas said, as I looked at him and snickered. 'If anyone deserves that nickname, it's me!' I said. 'Alright then, you're GamingVirginMary and I'm GamingJesus!' Thomas said with a mischievious look on his face. 'You're the biggest baka I know! But I love you as a big brother!' I said, as we both laughed.

Or well, it seemed as if I was laughing, but inside, I had no intention to laugh or smile. It was all the outside, so people wouldn't notice my sadness, and I had to act even more peppy for Thomas. It's like his eyes pierce through my skin and see my emotions. And I especially didn't want HIM to find out what was up! Although, I do think he found out!

'Is your nickname all that you came here for?' I asked. 'Nope, I've got other reasons!' Thomas said. 'Which are?' I asked. 'Secret!' Thomas said. 'Until you tell me what's up!' 'Drats!' I thought. This is exactly what I meant! Piercing gaze! I have to think up something fast!

'Nothing special's up! I think IT is coming again.' I said, as I did a relaxed, but natural pose for me. '....Well...' Thomas said, while he made his eyes smaller. This was the piercing gaze at work! I tried not to show my emotions inside. 'Fine. But you know you can come to me anytime?' He said, as he opened his eyes normally again. 'Yeah!' I said, and I showed a real smile, in my relief.

'I'm super pumped for tomorrow, you know?' Thomas said. 'Yeah. The amusement park will be totally awesome!' I said. ' By the way, we should really get you a nickname, Thomas. Your name sounds too...Formal for you.' 'You're right. I'm still thinking GamingJe-' Thomas tried to say, as I said before he could finish: 'I'm NOT gonna call you GamingJesus!' 'You jelly, May?' Thomas said as he smirked. 'I am not! Why would I be jealous of some nickname like that?' I said, but I got shocked by how mean that sounded. 'Thomas.....I'm sorry.' I said. I felt like I was gonna cry. It doesn't feel good to hide your feelings for your best friend, but my reason was so he wouldn't worry about me! I don't deserve all the kindness I'm getting.

A tear dripped onto the ground. Thomas looked at me, while my eyes were filling with tears. I was crying. From what I could see through my tears, he seemed to be worried. or rather, he seemed to hesitate about something.

What happened after that shocked me. Thomas put his hands on my cheeks and kissed me. As I felt his warm lips on mine, I opened my eyes wide. I needed comfort from my best friend the most, but I was still confused. And in my confusion...

...I kissed him back.

HELLO EVERYONE! This is Area11Dennise* bringing you the first chapter of this Area 11 fanfic. To all my fellow Elevens out there, who is your favourite? Mine is either Sparkles* or Leo. Either way, I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. I am still waiting to ho to one of Area 11's gigs but until then, stay awesome, and let me know what you think!

-Area11Dennise*