Chapter 11 ~ Editing Day

Maybe have a movie night, go out for dinner? Anything, really.' Sparkles* said. '....Well, I have always wanted to do one thing...' I said. 'What would that be?' Parv said.

'Karaoke.'

----------------------------------------------------------I'd Wish On 11 Stars-------------------------------------------------------------------

'Really? You've never done karaoke before, Cassandra?' Sparkles* asked. 'Actually not. I don't even know why. Maybe because there wasn't any karaoke place near the place I lived.' I said, as we kept on walking, and passed the Asian market. 'So then it's decided! One karaoke birthday coming up.' Parv said, as he poked me. I giggled a bit.

We arrived at YogTowers again, where Sparkles* swiped the key card through the opening and opened the door. I felt the warmth of the building again, as I unzipped my jacket and followed after Sparkles* and Parv.

They brought me to a room with a bunch of computers, and people were working on something. 'Good morning guys, I got your fresh meat.' Sparkles* said, as he put his hands on my shoulders. Oh, so I'm fresh meat now? Wonderful. 'Oh hey May! Nice to see you again. Ready to start?' Colin asked.A/N: For anyone who doesn't know, the current editors of the Yogscast are Tom Clark, Tom Bates, and Colin B. 'Totally!' I said. 'Well that's good. Lets get started then!' Tom said. 'Well, we'll get going then. Good luck May.' Sparkles* said, as he and Parv left the room. 'Okay May, you can start off by hanging your coat on the rack there.' Tom said.

The day went pretty fast as the guys showed me the program they used, and showed me some cool tricks. They asked me what kind of camera I had and taught me how to put a video in the program and edit it. I looked at the clock on the computer and saw it was 1:00. The guys noticed aswel. 'May, do you want a break?' Colin asked. 'Uhm, if it's not too much, then yes please.' I said. 'It's not too much. We usually break about this time anyway.' Tom said. 'Also, May?' Tom asked. 'What's up, Tom?' I asked, 'Well, we know for a fact you'll be joining the others after this, and I'm curious. Have you thought of your Yogscast name?' Tom asked. I smiled. 'I have, actually. Cassandra.' I said. 'Kay, you'll be known as Cassandra or any form there of around here. Cassy, perhaps?' Tom joked. 'Yeah, sure. If you want to, go ahead.' I laughed, as I got the food I packed from my bag.

'So you get it now?' Colin asked, after they explained me some more stuff. 'I think I do.' I said, making sense of what they told me. 'Great, because we have a video you can edit.' Tom said. 'Already? Do you really think I can?' I asked. I didn't think they would let me edit on the first day! 'Of course you can! If there's something you have to ask, don't hestitate and ask!' Tom said. 'Alright. Thanks, you guys. I'll do my best.' I said, as Colin gave me the file to work with. I started by putting the video in the editing program and started watching it. I looked closely to see if there was a camera switch, it was a video Simon and Lewis made, and edited in their logos when they switched.

After I was done and saved my edited video, I asked the guys to watch it. They watched in silence and I was really tense. I hope I did a good job. Then, the guys laughed at something. Was it that bad, or were they laughing about something they said or how I edited something? I was really scared it was bad.

Eventually, the video ended. I couldn't take it anymore! 'So...Did I do a good job?' I asked nervously. The guys gave eachother looks with serious faces. Dammit! It probably sucked. 'Cassandra. That was amazing.' Tom said. That really surprised me. Amazing? Was it actually that good? 'R-really..?' I asked in unbelief. 'Yes! You combined what we told you so well, and you edited in the logos on the exact right time! It was amazing for a beginner!' Colin said, pointing at some of the work I did. 'I think if you keep this up, you'll be ready to go by the end of the week!' Tom said.

I couldn't believe it. But I had to get used to it, because they gave me another video to work with right away. I tried out some new things, and once I was done, it was 15:00. I learned so much and I had only been here for 6 hours? That's pretty weird. But also cool. The guys checked out the video, and when they were done watching, I was more calm. 'Nice work again, Cassy.' Tom teased. 'Guys, I think she should just be fine. Cassandra, we're gonna set up a test for you. If you succeed, we'll let Simon and Lewis know to let you get started as soon as possible.' Tom said.

After about an hour, Colin gave me a couple sheets of paper with things I had to answer, but it also required me to edit some different things into an already released video. I took a quick look through it, and saw I should be able to manage. 'So you get it?' Tom asked. 'I think I do, yeah.' I said, putting the papers on the desk I sat at. 'Okay. Then we're gonna go over to Lewis's office and show him your work.' Colin said as he and Tom left the room. The other Tom remained in the room and continued working on the video he was editing. I started filling in the questionaire, and luckily I remembered a lot, so it went with ease.

The editing of the video went smooth. The main goal of it was: Take out any editing mistakes and edit the correct form in. I wondered if Rythian edited this himself. Or maybe the guys just edited in mistakes. Hard to tell. Okay, not that I think Rythian's editing would be bad, I was just wondering.

After I while, I re-watched the video and was happy with the results. Tom and Colin had returned about 15 minutes ago, and had checked the questionaire already, which they assured me was a succes. I called them over to check the editing challenge, and waited for their rating. Eventually, they sat back, which meant the video was over, and took of the headphones they used to listen. I was a bit nervous for this one, since this depended on when I was going to make videos, but I stayed cool. 'Well Cassandra. I think it's safe to say you will do awesome by yourself, so no need to worry about that. No need to come back here tomorrow.' Colin said. 'He's right. C'mon then, I'll take you to Lewis's office, Cassandra.' Tom said, as he stood up from his chair. 'I'll be back.' I said, as I followed Tom to the hallway.

I followed him through the whole building, as I heard voices coming from some of the offices(probably because they were making videos), and greeted the people we saw walking through the hallways. And eventually, Tom and I arrived at an office with had Lewis's name on it with black lettering. Tom knocked on the door and then twisted the doorknob and opened the door. Tom said goodbye and walked back to the editing room.

'Oh hey May. I heard you're supposed to have magical editing skills.' Lewis said, as he looked up from his papers. 'Well, I wouldn't say magical...' I said, getting kind of embarrassed. 'Well then, I also heard you had decided on your Yogscast name? If you can tell me, I'll see if I can get you a profile picture and a banner for your youtube account ASAP.' Lewis said. 'Yeah, sure! It's Cassandra.' I said, as Lewis wrote that down on a piece of paper. 'Do you have a favourite colour? Or any preferances for your profile pic?' He then asked. 'My favourite colour is turquoise. As for the profile pic...If it's not too much I'd like my profile pic to be unique. Like....Long and pink hair and green eyes.' I said. 'It's not too much, we can get that if you like.' Lewis said, and wrote it down on the piece of paper. 'I'll let you know when I get the art.' Lewis said, as he opened a drawer from his desk and got a key out. 'Alright then, why don't we go and take a look at your office?' He asked. My face lighted up when I heard those words. 'Of course! I'd love to see it!' I said, as I followed Lewis back into the hall.

We walked around the halls for a bit, but eventually Lewis stopped at an office and put the key into the keyhole and twisted it. He opened the door and searched the wall for a light switch. He pressed it, and that's when I saw my office for the first time. This was also when I realised something.

Holy shit.

I'm actually a Yogscast member now.

Hey everyone! Area11Dennise* here with chapter 12! I've looked at the read count on this story, and the numbers are rising so fast! After I posted chapter 10, it started going up by hundreads, and I got more comments then usual! I was overwhelmed with joy, and it's all thanks to you all. Honestly, I can't thank you all enough for reading, voting and commenting on this story! I really love you all!

- Off to writing more!

~Area11Dennise*