five

A/N: My sunshines. I love them so much.
_______________
Dan groaned as he got up from his bed. Sore, because of his unsatisfactory mattress, he got up and proceeded to get ready, and finally went to the kitchen for something to eat.

"Good morning, Daniel." His mother greeted him as he raided the refrigerator for milk.

"Mornin' mum," Dan replied, groggily. "Where's the milk?"

"No milk? We have to go shopping soon anyway. Good thing the bakery is closed today." Dan's mother quickly took a post it note and started writing down a quick grocery list. "I don't think we'll have enough money for much, but we'll make it work."

Dan sat down at one of the tables of the bakery and began eating a cereal bar, while finishing his homework. He tapped his pencil on his head as he thought of something to write.

"England's monumental sites, no no... England is home to Stonehenge, Buckingham palace, and many more historical monuments, ok keep it going Daniel..." He mumbled to himself. Before he knew it, the clock struck 8am and he began his trek to school, waving goodbye to his mum and dad before he left.

He kept his head low, looking down at his feet which were kicking the minuscule stones on the pavement.

Suddenly, he bumped into something solid and fell backwards. He released his hands from his books to break his fall, and inevitably, they flew everywhere.

"Sorry!" The figure above him stretched his arm out to help Dan get up.

"No, I'm sorry." Dan looked at the person before him. Jet black hair, oceanic eyes, and milk-white skin. Phil.

"Oh hi Dan, fancy seeing you here." Phil smiled.

"H-hey..." Dan stuttered, brushing off the dirt barely visible on his black pants.

"Let's walk to school together!" Phil took Dan by the wrist and began dragging him along.

This ought to be interesting.

"I finished my history essay ages ago... stonehenge... really fascinating... I can really go for a some cereal... oh look we're here!"

Dan snapped back to reality after dozing off for fifteen solid minutes as Phil's voice trailed on and on.

"See you." Dan quickly walked off to line up outside the art room until Phil ran up to him once more.

"Dan!" Phil gripped Dan's shoulder. "Don't you want to meet my friends? Class doesn't start till'—"

"No I—"
"Please?"
Dan stared at the pleading blue eyes before him. Don't give in.
"Phil I—"
"Okay then. See you." Phil began to walk off, with his arms crossed.
"Okay, okay. I'll meet your friends." Dan accepted reluctantly, running to catch up with Phil, who smiled at the sight of him.

They trudged towards a nearby tree where several people were congregated. Dan felt his heart picking up pace, and he kept fixing his fringe.

"Hey guys! This is Dan." Phil exclaimed, pushing Dan into view.

"Hi Dan." Chorused the small group of people who were named: Zoë, Louise, Joe, Alfie, and Marcus.

"Hi." Dan greeted them, quietly. He was even more aware of his awkwardness than normal, surrounded by people who he wanted to make a good impression to.