MELISSA

It was dark at school now. Melissa has been finishing her thesis in the library, “I should go home” she thought to herself as she returned her sources to their shelves. The librarian was in her office and the library was deserted except for her. She wasn’t scared and she didn’t believe in the rumors of a wailing ghost in the library. This was her favourite place, she liked books you see. Her whole high school life has only consisted of books in front of her face. She was running for valedictorian that’s why her mother understood her late night researching. And then a sound. It was a sound of a desk being moved.

She didn’t move. And then another sound, something was thrown.

She couldn’t move.

The sounds came from the conference room. It was like the chairs were being moved in there. Then she heard whimpering cries. She went to the conference room and saw the door halfway open. She stopped. She didn’t want to admit it but now she knows, ghosts were real. She is being haunted. And then a girl’s cry. It was surreal, Melissa had goosebumps.

She heard a slap and followed it, a muffled cry.

And then she heard whisperings. The voice was of a man.

“there are no ghost. If this is a prank---!” she was angry. She didn’t like being caught off guard.

She peeked through the door. Melissa covered her mouth in shock.