MELISSA II

She ran and ran until her lungs ached. She couldn’t believe what she saw. A man in a suit and a female student. The girl was crying, Melissa knew. She knew the girl didn’t like what was happening but she didn’t help. Melissa didn’t recognize the faces. But the man wore a suit, kind of like what Sir Arnold wears at Math Class. No. no. it couldn’t be. Sir Arnold was a great teacher and he was respected by all the students.

She saw it all and she knew the girl saw her for when she peeked the girl under the man struggled to get free, to yank out of the clutches of her attacker. Melissa could’ve saved her but instead she ran away.

She locked herself in her room and cried herself to sleep. The next morning she went to school and checked the conference room in the library. It was tidy and clean yet she was uneasy. She walked over the long table and on the floor she saw an ID. It was Sir. Arnold’s. she couldn’t believe it. There was no news of a teacher’s meeting this morning. And the library just opened, so then. It must mean. No it cant. She was at a loss for words. When she heard the door open, she stuffed the ID card in her pocket and headed outside the library.

“Hey, how you doing Melissa?”

It was Sir. Arnold. She stared at him for a long time before she managed to open her mouth.

“Good Morning Sir, what are you doing here?”

“oh, I lost my ID card here yesterday”

“ah. Where po? Because I stayed here until late last night and I didn’t notice anybody enter except for the librarian”

“oh, I lost it somewhere in the conference room. Maybe we didn’t see each other because I went to the library in the afternoon. Well, gotta go. Study well!”

He was lying and she knew it. She stayed in the library after eating her lunch and never came out unless she had to go to the bathroom. She knew something was off. All she had to do was find out who the unfortunate girl was. Now, she was determined to help her.