Epilogue

"So explain to me what happened again?", Donna asked the policeman. His brownish mustache was exceptionally curly. When he spoke his voice was a hoarse and rough. "Your husband Jacob was found this morning in his house. The neighbors had complained of noises all week, and one individual did find finally investigate. He alleges that he saw your husband babbling to himself about some sort of  "face" on the ceiling wall. Unfortunately, he was found unconscious at your house and was pronounced dead at the scene just a few minutes ago. "Oh my gosh! That's horrible!", Susan replied. "Ma'am? Do you know if he had a history of mental illness?", "No sir.", Donna replied wearily. "I don't believe so." The officer shuffled his feet awkwardly. "I'm sorry for your loss, but I have to go to work. Maybe we could have coffee sometime?", he asked. Donna saw it in his eyes. "What a disgusting pig.", she thought. Despite this, she smiled warmly at the officer. "I'll think about it.", she said as she shut the door behind her. As she approached her recently deceased husband on the floor, her face showed a very different kind of smile. She strolled into the kitchen and grabbed a sharp knife. Then she pulled a small black box from her luggage and walked to her husband's body. His face was still petrified with the look of fear. Donna opened the small black box. It was a  horrendous sight. The box was filled with a collection of grotesque faces. The newest one seemed to be of a young man, probably still in college. Donna looked at her dead husband and smiled her whitest smile. Her blonde hair bounced back and forth and her blue eyes glinted in the summer light as she got to work.
THE END

Inspiration: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bélmez_Faces