So You Know Me?

Take me away

Chapter 1-So You Know Me?

"I believe" Jessie whispered. She was sitting on her Juliet balcony while reading her favourite book, Peter Pan. She was tired of her boring, meaningless life in Milton. Her parents barely noticed her, her siblings were always first priority. She wished she could just fly to Neverland and escape it all but of course that wasn't possible. A single tear slid down her face.

"Hmm" a voice hummed.

Jessie's head shot up at the noise. There was a boy standing in front of her. She gasped.

The boy reached down and wiped away her tear.

"Hello, Jessie." He said. His voice was high but not girlish. He had sharp features and high cheekbones. He was about her age and wore semi-tattered clothes of earthy colours but they were not dirty, just made to look that way.

"H-h-how do you know my name?" Jessie stuttered.

"Oh I know a lot about my little lost girl." He whispered moving closer to her. "I know how cripplingly lonely she is, how she just wants to start over, how she feels that no one cares. I know because there was a time when I felt the same."

"Um..." she was shellshocked. He had her spot on.

"I'm here to help." He looked down and smiled "So you know me?"

She glanced down at her book "Peter Pan? That can't be. It's just a story."

"Oh Jessie. Don't you know? All the stories are true." He said, shaking his head.

He bowed down and took off his hat "Allow me to formally introduce myself, my name is Peter Pan, king of Neverland and leader of the lost boys."

Jessie was speechless.

Peter pulled her up to her feet. "I want you to join us. I've been searching for someone like you for a very long time. Someone who truly believes."

"What do you mean, 'join you' ? I can't just pick up and leave everything. I have a life here." She asked, shocked that this was actually happening.

"Well, it doesn't seem like much of a life to me. I know that you crave adventure and love and a real caring family. I can give you that. All you have to do is say the two simple words. You've said them many times before but only tonight do I know that you truly believe in their power."

"I believe. I want to go with you." she breathed.

"Yes." He smiled and grabbed her hand

"Wait!"

He looked at her, puzzled.

"Don't I need my things?" She asked.

He chuckled "Of course not. Everything is taken care of."

"Okay. Then I think I'm ready."

"Don't let go!" He said and grabbed her hand again and pulled her until she was standing on the fence of her balcony. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Peter asked.

"Yes." She confirmed.

"Well then let's go!" He said as he jumped off the balcony.

Jessie screamed but quickly stopped as she was lifted up. She looked down and was surprised to see that she was flying! She looked over at Peter and he smiled at her. His smile was mischievous and sweet at the same time. And his eyes! They were the bright green of spring.

"Jessie?" He asked.

"Hmm?" She hummed in a dream-like state.

"You were staring at me. I asked you if you would be okay sharing my room. As you are the first girl and we wouldn't want the lost boys going crazy on you." He winked.

She blushed "Umm that would be fine."

"The bedrooms will be partitioned off of course but we would share the living space."

"Of course" She mumbled, lost in thought as they flew above the small town she'd lived in her whole life. It looked even smaller from up here.

"I'm shocked that you aren't even concerned about how we're flying." Peter said.

"Trust me. I've read the book enough times to know its pixie dust." Jessie replied.

He let out a loud laugh "My dear." He said pulling her against him, "You have a lot to learn!" And they flew up high into the sky.