What is a Girl?

Take Me Away

Chapter 4-What is a Girl?

Jessie heard the whispers as Peter led her towards the tree trunk that doubled as the lost boy's hideout.

"What is that?"

"That's not a boy, is it?"

"Why is Pan touching it? He never touches us."

At the last comment, Peter took his hand away from her arm. She internally sighed at the loss of contact.

"Boys! I have someone I'd like you to meet."

Suddenly boys, with ages ranging from 7-18, started climbing out of stumps and bushes. All of them looking at her as if she was some sort of, thing.

"This is Jessie." Peter voice rose above the whispers. "Yes, she is a girl and she will be joining us in the lost family."

"But Pan?" One of the smaller boys, around 8 years old, asked in a hesitant voice.

"Yes, Tanner?" Peter replied, crouching down.

"What's a girl?" The little boy asked, looking at Jessie.

She gave him a warm smile.

Peter took a deep breath. "Well, Tanner, a girl is like a boy but she has a bigger heart. A girl will love you and take care of you, no questions asked. She'll do anything to please the ones that she cares for. She'll even drop her life to go somewhere with a perfect stranger, if it means she can make someone happy." Peter looked up at her and smiled.

"She has dreams and beliefs that no boy can even being to understand and she acts on them. She has this fire inside of her that burns brighter than the night sky. Yes, a girl can be frustrating and difficult but when she flashes that winner smile, boys are putty in her hands. You see, a girl is everything you could ever want, a mother, a fighter, a lover. Once you've find the right girl, never let her go." Peter trailed off, a mourning look in his eyes.

All the boys were completely silent. But slowly, one by one, they turned to look to Jessie with something new in their lost eyes. Hope.

A/N: sorry for a really short chapter. Its just setting stuff up for later.Wow Christmas was crazy amirite. But I'm free now so ill have more time to write. Sound good? Okay. See you tomorrow probably

Xoxo lostgirlouat17