Meeting the Captain

Take Me Away

Chapter 3-Meeting the Captain

They walked for about 20 minutes along a path through the woods. It was beautiful in Neverland, the plant life was almost triple what it was at home. And that sky! A fascinating mix of blue and pink.

"It's... fantastic!" Jessie said, astonished by the beauty.

Peter smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

Jessie could feel something between them. Some sort of... connection. She wasn't positive if she was just imagining things or not.

"We're not far now. Maybe 2 minutes."

Suddenly in the distance they heard a scream.

"Stay here!" Peter ordered and ran down the path.

Jessie watched him curiously, wondering if this was out of the norm.

"Why, what do we have here?" A gravelly male voice asked.

Jessie jumped up and turned in a circle, trying to locate the voice.

"Over here dear." It chuckled.

She whipped around and saw a tall man leaning against a tree trunk. She looked him up and down and sure enough he had a hook for a hand. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Something funny?" The man inquired.

"You're... Captain... Hook!" She said between giggles. He wasn't how she pictured he'd be at all. He looked ridiculous in a large red peacoat and leather pants.

"That I am." Hook said, walking towards her.

She straightened up and looked him in the eye. "If you come near me, Pan will have your other hand. I'm his new lost girl."

"That just makes this so much more fun." He said reaching for her. She scuttled back, searching for a weapon. Suddenly she tripped over a large rock and fell to the ground, her hand landing on something sharp. Hook didn't seem to notice.

She felt it and realized it was some sort of dagger.

"I haven't seen a woman..." Hook looked her over. "A girl around here for years. And I fully intend to take advantage of you."

He grabbed her left arm and pulled her up. She struggled for a moment and then started chuckling.

"You stupid girl. Why are you laughing?"

"Pan won't need to take your other hand now." She said, bringing the dagger down in a swooping motion and chopping off his good hand, the one that was holding her. "Because I just did."

Hook screamed and clutched his arm to his chest. "You stupid girl! You'll regret this!" He shouted, running down the path.

"Next time it won't be just your hand!" Jessie yelled after him and wiped her bloody hands on the ground.

She heard footsteps behind her and shot up, worried Hook had come back, but it was just Peter.

"Well, I guess I don't have to worry about that part of training for you." He said, looking pleased.

"Were you there the whole time?" She asked, still shaking from the adrenaline.

"No, only the last minute or so."

"Are the boys okay?"

"They're fine, it was one of Hook's men who was screaming." Peter smirked, "Looks like they're not the only ones who can take care of themselves."

She laughed. "I took self defense classes for 3 years. So yeah, I know how to handle a knife but that's about it." Jessie admitted.

"Well next time, try to call for help or I might have to never take my eyes off you." Peter winked and she blushed.

Why did he keep teasing her like that? Was it just him or something else entirely?

"Would you like to meet them now?"

"Hmm?" She asked, in a daze.

"The boys? I've told them so much about you. They're excited."

Peter-

This girl just kept getting more fascinating. Pan had no idea what she was capable of. He hadn't see Hook for years and when the pervert finally came out of hiding, it was to find Jessie. She even managed to chop off his other hand! There was something about her that he felt drawn to. Everything just felt different since she'd been her. The grass was greener, the sky bluer, even the magic seemed purer.

He had warned the boys to keep away from her, Pan didn't trust them with a girl after so many years on this island. Look what had happened with Hook!

"Peter?" Jessie said, her voice creeping into his thoughts.

No one had called him Peter in years. The lost boys, Hook, even himself, everyone had called him Pan. It was refreshing to be called by his given name and he didn't want to correct her. When she spoke it, it was like the haunting music that came from his panpipes. Enchanting.

"Yes, dear?" He asked, surprised to hear that his voice was shaking.

"You've been standing there for 5 minutes with a weird look on your face. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, everything is fantastic."

"Alright." She glanced at him sideways, not believing a word. He didn't blame her.

"C'mon." He said, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the tree stump where the boys resided.

She sighed and followed behind him.

Pan knew that he was falling for her all over again but he needed to get control of himself, they couldn't be together. He would never be good enough for her. He would never be good enough for anyone.

A/N: Why hello there! Thanks for reading once again. I'm really enjoying writing this! Hopefully it's not too cheesy for some people? Anyways ill talk to you next time

Xoxo lostgirlouat17