Chapter 2: Her

2nd Entry: Her

Diary, I gave you a cliffhanger last time I wrote. "Who is this her?" you might wonder. Well, her name was Annabeth, but we called her Anna for short.

Anna was this transfer student that came into our school in Primary 2. She was quite different from her normal peers. While others would care about what movie they were watching that afternoon, she only cared about what book she was reading. When others would be hanging out with their friends, she took the time studying.

Obviously, everyone labeled her a nerd and called her names and such, but she didn't care. Soon, she became the best student in the class.

Correction: She became the best female student in class.

I was the best.

My talent was in studies and so that's where I excelled. It would take far more than a transfer student to beat me.

However, when I saw the smile on her face as she received her results, that's when the questions started coming in.

How could she be so nonchalant to people's insults?

How could she not care about how people looked at her?

With my curiosity piqued, I went up to her one day during recess, when she was using the time being engrossed reading Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, and asked

"How can you not care? Those names, those insults, those stereotypes. You ignored all of them. How can you not care about being unpopular in school? "

"How?"

The desperation took over me. I wanted to be free of this mask, and she could be my answer to solve this impossible riddle I was given when I entered this school.

She just looked at me, annoyed at first because I interrupted her trance, but with curiosity as she considered my question.

That's when I realized her blue eyes, her soft gaze, her moon-white European skin, her long and silky black hair, and that small curve of her lips as she said

"I don't care as I have people who love me for who I am."

How naive of her to think of that simple solution.

How lucky she was for that solution to have worked.

As I dropped my head, depressed I didn't get the answer I so desperately needed, she nonchalantly said

"You are not one of them, no matter how hard you try."

Who is this Anna?

How did she know about me?

How could she understand so much?

More importantly,

What the hell is this feeling?