3.

Gasoline - Halsey

Control - Halsey

<><><><><>

She trembled as the two of them strolled down the marble driveway Scott and Kira owned, Lydia's eyes wide in anger. How could he not contact her?

Isaac had a large grey scarf wrapped around his neck, his hands tugging at the material being that it was irritating against his skin. Her heartbeat rapidly increase as the two of them heard faint footsteps approaching from the inside of the house, indicating that somebody was coming to open the door.

Please be Stiles, please be Stiles, please--

"Hey, guys!" The unforgettable voice belonging to Scott beamed at the doorsteps, stubble springing across his uneven jaw. Lydia couldn't decide whether the smile on her face was plastered or if it was genuine, but none the less, she was thrilled to see him, even if it wasn't Stiles.

Isaac's eyes widened in shock, his olive green eyes stretching. "Scott, is that even you?" He questioned with amusement as the two of them hugged, leaving Lydia in the corner with the smile still on her face.

"It's so great to see you guys again," Scott exclaimed while pulling back, before cheery expression averted over to Lydia, who's eyebrows raised up in anticipation. A grin spread across his lips, so wide that Lydia couldn't understand how somebody's mouth could open that wide.

"Well..." Her voice trailed off as she rocked back and forth on her heels, unsure of what was next. Scott and Lydia had been extremely close friends since they were nine years old and they had grown to love each other in a brother-and-sister form.

Releasing an exhilarated laugh, Scott extends his arms out before taking the strawberry-blonde into an embrace.

"I missed you, Scott," Lydia muttered while wrapping her arms around his torso, remembering back when they were eighteen and about to head off to different colleges, both of them promising they would visit the other but never getting to it.

After the two of them took a moment to reconcile, she slowly pulled back, feeling that wave of nausea slowly drift away. Scott placed two hands on Lydia's shoulders, glancing at Isaac who kept adjusting the scarf wrapped around him.

Just then, she noticed a frame appear through the doorway, a dark shadow following behind her. A shortness of breath escaping her at the sight of the girl, Lydia couldn't help but release the smallest of gasps.

"Kira!" Lydia thrilled before tackling the girl with a hug, a grin spreading across Kira's face. Jet black hair wisped in her face as Kira held Lydia tightly, astonished at how Kira had grew to be taller than her.

"It's so good to see you, Lydia," Kira stated with happiness laced in her voice, "you two Isaac." Just as his named escaped her tongue, she gave Isaac a large embrace.

As they pulled back, Scott wrapped an arm around Kira before averting his eyes towards the two standing in front of them.

"So, uh, did you two," he began while gnawing on the inside of his cheek, "come together? Like, are you two together?"

"No, no, no, no!" Lydia protested, a shiver coursing down her spine. Her and Isaac? He was a total sweetheart, innocent and charming, but she couldn't fathom the idea of them dating. Despite how much Lydia hated to admit it, she knew there wasn't a way to commit in a relationship without having reconciled with Stiles first.

"I-I'm dating Allison," Isaac blurted out while scratching the back of his neck, nervously glancing at Lydia who's face flushed a beet red. The two of them had been best friends since sophomore year, but once Allison had departed for modeling, she had begged for Lydia to tag along even though the red head had wished to begin her own life.