٢٢

Eversince the incident at Dr Han's office,Mdm Im and Ina has been rather distant.Their relationship arent as strong as always.Whenever Ina came down to have breakfast,Mdm Im would have already beeen out for work although she has always gone out later than her daughter.

They would always communicate through post it notes.

"Have a meeting till 10 today,here some money for dinner"

"Got an artwork to finish be back at 6"

"Theres some money in the counter for lunch"

"Sleepover at Bona's"

"Meeting at 5 be back at 11"

Those were the common notes they left for each other.Ina sometimes feel lonely and uncomfortable knowing that her mom is in the same house as her but they never talk verbally.

Walking pass each other is worse.Sometimes they bump into each other when they wanted to go to the bathroom.Ina always let her mom goes first but her mom did the same thing.Atlast, no one goes into the bathroom until the next day.

One morning,Ina was making breakfast when Mdm Im came down.She was shock to see her mother in her pyjamas and not in her suit.

"Arent you going to work today?" She gathered her courage and broke the silence.

Mdm Im rubbed her eyes and shook her head.

"Isnt today the 15th of June? Your birthday is tomorrow" She grab a banana.

"Ah.." Ina put two pancakes on the plate and serve it to her mom.

"Thanks dear" She whispered softly as she said 'dear'.

"Anything for you" Ina took her fair share of pancakes and sat infront of her mom.

Mdm Im rubbed her sweaty palms on her pants,not sure how to continue the conversation.

"So...are you planning to go out?If not..we can have some mother and daughter time tomorrow?" Mdm Im raised her brows.

Ina poured some maple syrup on top of her pancake and shake her head.

"Kinda..busy tomorrow..how about today?" Ina smile.

"Sounds great" Mdm Im agreed as she ruffled her daughter's hair.

Even though the duo didnt said anything about the weird atmosphere between them these days,a simple smile actually make them happy.

Ina wore her overalls with a tshirt inside whereby Mdm Im fit her summer-ready body in a dress that shows her curves.

"Oh my...dayum...niceu" Ina pull down her shades and pretended to be drooling.

Her mom flipped her hair as she call for a cab to take them to the mall.The mother and daughter spend their day going to the cinema and eating to their hearts content.

Eating to their hearts content means that they ate lunch,dessert,snack,lunch-dinner,dessert and snack.

Mdm Im also bought for Ina new dresses as well as a new phone since the current one she's having seems to be abused by the owner.

"Aww thank you mom!!" Ina hugged her mother tightly.

"Always welcome!Study hard alright!"

"Ergh alright" Ina groaned silently hearing the word 'study'.

She then took a moment to stare at her mom and hung herhead low.

"Ermm ....mom...im sorry...for...--er..for --"

"Its okay dear" Mdm Im hugged her daughter tightly.

Which mom can ever get mad with her daughter that long?

"Anyway!Are you going to visit Hyungwon?Coz i have to get back to work in like a few minutes..ya know...have an emergency meeting about the stock and bla bla" Mdm Im groan as she passed Ina her presents and took out her suit.

"Yeah,i wanna show him something" Ina grin.

Mdm Im then called a cab for Ina the moment her driver arrive.

"Woah..you have a driver now?" Ina looked at the male in the car.

"Ah..well...just...ya know" She awkwardly got into the car.

"Ahjusshi!Please drive my mom to....work....safe------ly..." Ina's smile dissapeared when she notice that the man wasnt an old guy but infact,he looks like he is the same age as her mom.

"Woah...he is kinda buff" Ina whispered at her mom's ears.

"I know right"

"Go mom!" Ina fangirled as she smile at her mom's boyfriend.

"Well i guess erm..you er --take care ahah" Ina showed a peace sign and quickly ask them to drive away.

Her mother kissed her goodbye as Ina got into the cab.Her bags of gifts have to be placed at home first before going to meet Hyungwon.

She asked the driver to stop for awhile as she threw them in the house and went back out.

When she arrived at W Hospital,it was already 10pm and doctors had to stop letting visitors come in.Thankfully,Ina has a caregiver pass.Which means that she can go in and out at any time of the day.

The girl quickly made her way to Hyungwon's room and wanted to surprise him when instead,she got surprised.

"Happy birthday!!" Hyungwon greeted the female as she noticed how fully decorated the room is.

There were a few balloons and Hyungwon was wearing a party hat which was too cute Ina that find it compulsory to take a photo of it.

"Omg.." She closed her mouth as tears escaped from her eyes.

Hyungwon slowly got up as he pulled her into a hug.The female couldnt stop crying thinking of how happy Hyungwon made her feel.

"Y-you did this...for me?" Ina sobbed as she felt Hyungwon nod.

"Tsk,how could i not wish the girl who has been loving me since i was a kid,constantly buy me food,pamper me with love and care, a happy birthday huh?Even though its tomorrow,its no harm being the first person to make a party aye?" Hyungwon let go off the hug and pinched her cheeks.

Ina cried as she rubbed her eyes.

"Do you really mean that?" She sobbed.

"Of course!...Anyway,i got the nurse to help me buy you this" Hyungwon took a small cake with a single candle on it.

"Saengil chuka hamnida~~" Hyungwon continued singing for Ina who cant stop herself from crying.

"Yah..." She wiped her tears and blow the candle when Hyungwon shove the cake to her.

"Yay!!" He clapped his hands and took a spoonful of cake.

"Here you go" He feed her.

Ina obeyed and ate the cake.Her eyes sparkle as she stared at Hyungwon,so touched that he made the effort to make her a birthday party.