Chapter 1

Adaline's POV

"Adaline go to my office now" Mr Romanov's soothing voice called through the intercom of my telephone making me in fear he seldom calls me up to his office. God I must be in deep shit.

"Jade wish me luck mr.Romanov called me to his office" I walked out of my glass office doors passing through my assistant, jade.

"I will Addy" I nodded at her and took the elevator up to the top floor where my boss is staying at.

I walked out of the elevator making my black Louboutin heels click on the tiled marble floor. Rosa, the sweet old lady who's the receptionist outside Mr.Romanov's office smiled at me and told me he is present in his office. I straightened up my posture and calmed myself down before entering his office door.

"Ms.Rossi I'm glad you came" Mr.Romanov smiled at me and motioned for me to sit on the leather couch in-between two men, one who looked in his 30's and really familiar to me I just couldn't recall where I've seen his face and the other man looks like the same age as me.

"Yes mr. Romanov" I returned my smile back to him in sign of respect and sat down in the middle of two godly creatures before me.

"Well let's start then, Ms. Rossi do you have any idea why you were being called?"

"Um no sir"

"Well to let you know I called you because I know I can trust you and since you are more like a daughter to me also I expect you to get to know more of my sons, the next CEO and the next COO of the company" hearing those words were churning my stomach, I can feel two pairs of eyes staring at me and analyzing me.

"Yes sir" I agreed to him shaking head that I understood him.

"And now for the big part, I will be appointing you as the next Chief Financial Officer so now you'll be the one who will be responsible for the company's financial risks do I make myself clear Ms.Rossi?"

"Crystal clear sir" I can't stop smiling at myself maybe it's the fact that I got promoted or I'm sitting in between two Romanov brother's one who looks oddly familiar to me and the other who seems new to me.

"Oh and I'll be moving you on the executive floor and so is your assistant" I have my biggest smile to Mr. Romanov then left.

I walked back to my office looking happy like a little girl who opened her present on Christmas Day.

"It's your lucky day jade, you just got a raise seems like I'll be the new CFO of Romanov Industries" I grinned at her making her do our special fist bump.

"You know what I'm thinking?" She smirked at me making me shook my head at her knowing that she'll be dragging me all the to the club and drink the whole night.

"Let me guess you want to go to the club and celebrate" I simply said as I walked back to my office with jade trailing behind me.

"You know the drill" she winked at me making me chuckle at her as she left and went back to her work.

"Typical jade" I chuckled at her.

---------------------------

As we entered the club the first thing that jade did was to pull me towards the bar and started ordering us both some drinks. And of course me, knowing that this would be a long night I decided to sit on the stools and drank the vodka feeling the burning sensation on my throat.

"Come on addy let's dance" jade whined at me making me shook my head at her while sipping the lime. "I'll buy you lunch on for the whole week next week" with the word 'lunch' I instantly hopped off the stool and dragged her to the dance floor.

The song 'buttons' by The pussycat dolls started playing on the loud speakers making my body start move to the rhythm knowing that there are possibly a couple of men watching at me right now but I didn't care anyways. Jade and I continued dancing to song laughing at each other after jade started rapping. After the song finished we both went back to the bar thirsty from dancing so we ordered another round of shots.

"Addy I'll have to go to the restroom okay?" Jade told me as I gave her raised up my glass letting her know that I'll be okay.

Once she left I drank another vodka welcoming the burning sensation on my throat again.

"I must say you dance very well, Ms.Rossi" a deep voice said, I looked at my right to see no other than the eldest son of Mr.Romanov.

"W-W-Well thank you Mr.Romanov" I stuttered maybe because a godly like creature and the next CEO is beside me.

"Please were not at work just call me by my first name, Giovanni" he said before drinking his whiskey making me ogle at his chiseled jaw but then he caught me from the corner of his eye making me look at the other way acting like I wasn't analyzing him awhile ago.

"Anyways what is a beautiful woman drinking alone in a bar?" Giovanni asked me as he leaned on the bar counter.

"Uh my assistant is here with me she just went to the restroom" I rambled as I took another shot. Damn who knew I would run into my new boss in a club?

"Hm I see, well I will go back to my brother now he must be wondering where I am" he looked at me one last time before he left.

"Damn addy, who's that hunk?" I looked at my left to see jade staring at his back.

"Thats our new boss" I sighed while I took another drink.

"Wait? What? You mean that's giovanni romanov the eldest son of mr. romanov?" Jade looked at him and then back at me. "God damn addy I totally would slap that man's arse" jade smirked at me while I gave her a 'dont you dare' look.

I turned around to see him looking at me from the VIP room while drinking his drink.